How do I secure the fc 40 camera to my gimbal?

Reaction score
Has anyone found a good way to attach the fc40 camera to a gimbal? I have been using a go pro 2 with success but miss being able to see what I am filming. And until I have the bread to put a transmitter setup on there I was hoping to mount the fc40 camera to the gimbal.

Some folks stick it to the battery door with sticky tape or Velcro tape.

I want to attach it to the gimbal. I sticky taped it, velcro strap and had to use some lead to balance it. Now for a test flight. I wish there was a 3d printed clip that someone had come up with to fix the problem

The weight of the FC40 camera will not allow the gimbal to operate correctly.

Where is that is true, I used pencil lead to balance it and it works. It ain't pretty though. Think I will fly it until I have the bread to move up to the sj4000 and Boscam.

Last edited:
Can we see a picture of your setup?
Which gimbal do you have?

And, good deal, if you got it to work, I'm impressed. Please show me how you did it.

Thanks Zdrone

The weight of the FC40 camera will not allow the gimbal to operate correctly.
Camera Velcro Fastener Strap Tie Wrap Specially from amazon camera mounted on a walkera 2d mounted with a strap I ordered from amazon oh my walkera g2 d works used fine with it check it out on amazon

I have decided to fly my redneck engineered camera ballast until I buy the P3 professional.

Attachments

• ghetto camera.jpg
    ghetto camera.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 699
I went to the local Tap Plastics and found a small box that is similar in size to a Hero 3 and made a case for the FC40 camera. I added weights to the case so that it weighs the same as a Hero 3 and have double-sided taped it to the Walkera gimbal. I like this because I can remove the camera easily.
Camera box.jpg

Reactions: IflyinWY
I went to the local Tap Plastics and found a small box that is similar in size to a Hero 3 and made a case for the FC40 camera. I added weights to the case so that it weighs the same as a Hero 3 and have double-sided taped it to the Walkera gimbal. I like this because I can remove the camera easily.View attachment 17203

Cool, which gimbal is that? Are you getting any Jello?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers