How do I remove this?!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently crashed my drone and I'm in the process of replacing the shell which robsquad kindly gave to me.

Everything is going fine and I am taking my time but I'm stumped on just one thing and it's driving me crazy.

I've attached a picture and there is a screw underneath this unit in the picture (I'm not sure what it is, wifi?) However, how do i remove this to remove the screw to the main board?! Nothing is sticking out to me! It's driving me insane.

Any ideas anybody? I've watched the youtube video on this but the drone in the video doesnt have this component.

Kind regards,

Ben

Attachments

• IMG_9928.JPG
    IMG_9928.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 414
That is the wifi module, and you have to remove it to get at that screw. First remove the wires going to the module (the ones at the rear have to wait until the module is off the board). Then remove the screw that's in the black plastic base plate for the module. Use a hair dryer to warm up the module a little bit. Then put a screwdriver under the metal edge of the module and gently push it up. You'll feel the double-sided tape releasing. If the module has been removed before it will come off very easily.

careful of the black capacitor (think its a capacitor... the black square/round looking thing right next to the wifi module) its easy to break it if you aren't to gentle when you remove or put back in.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl