How Do I Print Flight Records?

Reaction score
Can someone please explain how to print the DJI flight records log viewer page?
There is no print option that I can see.
All I can do is a screen shot then print it but of course that wont print the complete log info.

Attachments

• DJI Flight Record Pic.png
    DJI Flight Record Pic.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 632
You can click the "Download CSV" link and print the CSV file.

You can click the "Download CSV" link and print the CSV file.
What data will export when we do this?
Will it be all we need to use for a Flight Log that the FAA wants us (Part 107) to keep?
And useful as a log of use for a particular Drone?

Also I assume if exported to a .csv file, we can organize the data any way we want in a spreadsheet format?
One more thing- is there a way from the flight log data to identify which specific batteries were used on a given flight?

Also I assume if exported to a .csv file, we can organize the data any way we want in a spreadsheet format?
One more thing- is there a way from the flight log data to identify which specific batteries were used on a given flight?
Yes, you can re-organize the .csv data as you like in Excel. And at least one of the data files does contain the battery serial number ( I don't remember which off the top of my head.) This also depends on the AC you are flying. Assuming it is a P4, they have 3 data files. A .txt and a minimal .dat file stored on the device and a much greater detailed .dat file on the AC itself. As for the map, you can use the GPS co-ordinances from the data files to create a GE kml and print the map that way.

Thanks Flydawg.
I can download the file directly- or need some kind of reader to translate it?

You will need a converter. For the .txt files from your device, you can upload to the Phantom Help link below and download the .csv conversion. The .dat files require an off line converter. I use Datcon for this by Bud Walker which will convert the file to .csv format. He also has a .csv fiewer but this is for flight analysis which you probably won't use for your purpose. Both links are below. This first one is for the .txt files. Instructions are on the link. The second one is for Datcon.

DJI Flight Log Viewer

DatCon Downloads

You will need a converter. For the .txt files from your device, you can upload to the Phantom Help link below and download the .csv conversion. The .dat files require an off line converter. I use Datcon for this by Bud Walker which will convert the file to .csv format. He also has a .csv fiewer but this is for flight analysis which you probably won't use for your purpose. Both links are below. This first one is for the .txt files. Instructions are on the link. The second one is for Datcon.

DJI Flight Log Viewer

DatCon Downloads
Thanks- are these usable on a Mac?

Excel will work on a mac as far as I know. Unsure about Datcon, will ask @BudWalker and get an answer for you when he has time.
I'm not sure I understand the question. DatCon produces a .csv that can be printed by Excel. DatCon also produces a .kml that Google Earth can visualize and print.

A SigPlayer created in CsvView tcan't be printed directly. You need to copy and paste the SigPlayer to some app that can do the printing. I usually use the Windows Paint app.
upload_2018-5-26_15-36-42.png

and then do the paste operation in the Paint app
upload_2018-5-26_15-37-56.png

Last edited:
I'm not sure I understand the question.
I was unsure if Datcon would work on a mac. That was the question. After going back to your site and backing up, I found the answer. Quite honestly I never looked before. Just wanted to clarify that for the OP, that it was mac compatible.

Reactions: jephoto
I was unsure if Datcon would work on a mac. That was the question. After going back to your site and backing up, I found the answer. Quite honestly I never looked before. Just wanted to clarify that for the OP, that it was mac compatible.
OK, that's the question :). Yes DatCon works on the Mac if you're capable of manually installing and running the .jar. Same for CsvView. Except that the Mac version of CsvView can't accept .txt log files.

OK, that's the question :). Yes DatCon works on the Mac if you're capable of manually installing and running the .jar. Same for CsvView. Except that the Mac version of CsvView can't accept .txt log files.

Actually there is nothing to install - just unzip the downloaded directory and the launch the relevant .jar with Jar Launcher. The only requirement is that you have a Java SDK on the machine, since JRE is no longer installed by default under the latest versions of OS X.

Reactions: BudWalker
Thx guys. I'll see if I can figure it out.
Again my purpose is to be able to download my log files & put into a form useful as an FAA acceptable log.
And for me to keep track of battery performance and health- in a log form as well.

Excel will work on a mac as far as I know. Unsure about Datcon, will ask @BudWalker and get an answer for you when he has time.
There is a version of MS office for OSX (excel is just like the windows version, as might be expected) and many third party apps will work with CSV files.

In any case- simply run parallels or bootcamp and you are free to use whatever flavour of MS windows you like and any apps for windows.

What data will export when we do this?
Upload one of your TXT flight logs and see what it produces.

Will it be all we need to use for a Flight Log that the FAA wants us (Part 107) to keep?
I'm not sure which data the FAA requires. If you're missing anything, let me know and I can add it.

I assume if exported to a .csv file, we can organize the data any way we want in a spreadsheet format?
Yes, you can reformat the generated spreadsheet just like you can with any other CSV file.

is there a way from the flight log data to identify which specific batteries were used on a given flight?
Yes, but I don't show that information in my log viewer or the files I generate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers