How close is too close to cell towers?

wonder what it did to his kahunas;)
Think Raisins..................hahahaha

crimson-raisins.jpg

We live north of Chinese Peak in the Pocatello, Idaho area. Chinese Peak has a bunch of cell phone antennae on it. A few days ago I flew a Mavic 2 Pro using Litchi Waypoints mode over the ridge road of Chinese Peak. Just a little over 1000 ft beyond the ridge, the signal was lost. I thought I left the settings on default and that it would just continue on the mission, it apparently didn't continue. If somehow my settings were wrong it should have just returned home, but it didn't return home either. I wasn't aware there was a "land if signal lost" setting! Anyway, I waiting until long after the supposed flight length of 18 minutes, and the drone never reappeared. I'm sure I flew 80 - 120m above ground, all ridges included. So I planned to take the ridge road and hunt for the drone. But the ridge road was closed because they barely extinguished a fire that just happened. So then I took out my P4P and double check my Litchi settings and flew part of the same waypoint mission where I thought the M2P was flying when it went down. Lo and behold, I lost the P4P too! I walked up the ridge road high enough to get a tiny connection with the Phantom (I should have brought the M2P transmitter too but didn't.) I got the P4P to take a photo and send it back to me, and so I know the P4P's position precisely. It was less than 100ft from the ridge road. Another day I tried to drive up there but the 4Runner got stuck. So now I have two expensive drones up there in the weather. What do you think happen? Why didn't either one do an RTH?

What do you think happen? Why didn't either one do an RTH?
Without seeing any flight data or your Litchi flight plan no-one can do anything but guess.
The most likely reasons for failure to return would be collision with trees or terrain, wind or battery issues or random hardware failure.
If you want any improvement on that, you need to provide the data.

Reactions: Mo of Pocatello
Without seeing any flight data or your Litchi flight plan no-one can do anything but guess.
The most likely reasons for failure to return would be collision with trees or terrain, wind or battery issues or random hardware failure.
If you want any improvement on that, you need to provide the data.
I tried to attach a Litchi flight log, but it's a csv file and this program won't let me attach it. Any suggestions?

I tried to attach a Litchi flight log, but it's a csv file and this program won't let me attach it. Any suggestions?
There's always Dropbox, Google Drive or similar.
It also would be very helpful to see what the Litchi route was to know where the drone was aiming to do.
OK, I distilled it to a pdf file.
Litchi CSV files are bad enough to work with anyway.
But the real data is a lot easier to work with than a picture of the data.

Now, here is the flight record for the P4P that I used for trying to find the M2P with! The P4P ended up landing at a distance of 70 meters away from the last point on this flight record.

Attachments

• 2020-07-21_20-09-21_v2.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 122
Do you need the csv files? If so I can try using dropbox as you suggested. Meantime, as i mentioned before, after I lost the Phantom I hiked up with its transmitter to where I was able to barely get a signal. I first tried Litchi's "find your drone" feature, but it didn't do anything. So I started DJI Go4 and it recorded a DAT file. I also took a few pictures with the Phantom's camera, revealing that it landed on an area with gravel.

Attachments

• 2020-07-21_20-46-39_FLY300.DAT
    778.9 KB · Views: 96

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik