Horizon Tilt

Reaction score
Made a video on the East coast of Korea..got a lot of good footage...but had to leave a lot out of my video. Due to Horizon tilt...at first i thought it was the wind ..as it was really blowing...but i only had one chance to film there..so went out over the sea...the phantom held up really well...but when i got hime..realised a lot of the footage involved the horizon looking tilted..have done my first IMU and Gimbal callibration..yet to test it...what causes horizon tilt?..is it firmware?..i had updated it last september and had used it ok since with no problems.. there is only a little in this video..most coming at the end...thanks for reading.

Sent from my SM-G935K using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nice video, good tune too, takes me back to the 80s

The horizon drift is a real annoyance for me, my P3 was fine for about 9 months but gradually I've been noticing it start to drift for no reason, usually after turns.

Reactions: DannyBhoy
I had the same problem on my p3p. Researched on this forum and found a method that worked just fine: start your AC as normal, press and hold the C2 button well slowing turn the camera thumb wheel left or right until the horizon is normal in the viewer. You can make the adjustment in flight or on a level surface. What causes tilted horizon? I don't know. My p3p is 10 months old; normal flights, no crashes, and no hard landings. I still had the problem. I hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had the same problem on my p3p. Researched on this forum and found a method that worked just fine: start your AC as normal, press and hold the C2 button well slowing turn the camera thumb wheel left or right until the horizon is normal in the viewer. You can make the adjustment in flight or on a level surface. What causes tilted horizon? I don't know. My p3p is 10 months old; normal flights, no crashes, and no hard landings. I still had the problem. I hope this helps.

Thanks, appreciate the advice. Will try that tomorrow...i was just surprised by it..came out of the blue. Cheers again!

Sent from my SM-G935K using PhantomPilots mobile app

I tried the c2 trick and it did not seem to work. What am I missing. Held C2 and then turned gimbal dial..It tilted up or down...Not level

Thanks

Hold the controller as you normally would, with the antennas facing away from you. The C2 button is located on the underside in the upper right corner. The camera thumb wheel (properly called camera settings dial) is also located in the upper right, but at the rear of the controller. I hope this clarification helps.

Reactions: lablover
On P4 the C1 & 2 buttons are labelled and are opposite to that described for the P3 by MikeJ, also the thumb wheel dial is on the left. That said, this suggested solution did not work for me on my P4 despite many tries. Eventually, I switched back to the DJI Go App from Litchi and did an IMU calibration as recommended elsewhere here, after carefully levelling the surface on which the drone was placed and placing a levelled horizon bar in front for reference. After calibration in both DJIGo and Litchi I seemed to have a level image, I haven't tried it in flight yet but will post if it doesn't stay level after I test in the next couple of days.

It sounds like a hardware problem to me, like the gimbal motor wears out over time and can't hold level anymore.

Hi everybody...I'm going mad trying to solve this problem on my PH3 Adv. but with no result.
I read a lot of posts and threads over the net trying to understand this issue arguing how to solve it.
IMU calibration, IMU cold calibration, Compass and gimbal calibration...NO WAY!!!
DJI said me to send my bird back to them...a lot of people sent their PHMs back with no result!!!

DJI PLEASE SOLVE THIS ANNOYING PROBLEM!!!

You can go into settings on DJI Go app and adjust "Gimball Roll" untill it is perfectly level. Most people suffer from horizon tilt, best is to just adjust it manually before each flight.

I agree. When selected it comes up at the bottom center of the screen. It's not in the way so just leave it there for easy adjustments as you fly.

Reactions: h3nno
Guys why do you think the P4 has a totally different gimbal ? , the P3 gimbals are faulty , a bad design, I also believe what happens is the motor weakens and simply can't hold the level,
this is the reason the P4 came with a new design gimbal.. DJI will never admit it, they will tell you to upgrade the firmware, I run 1.4 firmware , fly in cold weather never ever had any problems with the craft itself but the gimbal level had been drifting since 3rd flight since new... Sorry but I do not expect anything perfect that's made in China.
I correct it in the post processing...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav