Horizon tilt

Reaction score
I have went through multiple video tutorials to fix horizon tilt. Gimbal roll, IMU cal on level surface, on iOS 8.3, deleted the go app and reinstall, different settings. The only other thing I can think of is downgrading the firmware to 1.3.2. To see if that helps. Starting to think it mechanical failure. Any other ideas or suggestions? Trying to fly until winter, then I'll send it in to DJI? Anyone ever heard of a bad compass throwing off the gimbal? I added a trackimo and my p3 has not been right since. When it was mounted I put I right over the compass by accident. Since I have removed the trackimo and still getting weird readings at times. I does fly ok, just bad horizon tilt.

Once i altered mine by 2.1 degrees in the app its been fine and level.

I have messed with the gimbal roll, no luck. Starting to think it's an issue with the gimbal. Sometimes it'll tilt left, other times it tilts right.

The only thing that has worked consistently for me has been to do 3 or 4 360 degree spins right after I take off . I usually hover about 100 feet in the air and do this. It seems to work pretty well. But it's only a band aid on the problem.

Try this?I know it's labelled to solve another problem but balancing the IMU might sort it.....my horizon tilt was sorted after a imu calibration on a completely level surface.

Have you fitted a gimbal saver by chance? I had a similar problem to yours and did all the standard calibrations etc to no effect. Then I checked the gimbal saver that I had fitted and realised that I had just tightened it a tad too much, enough to give me similar video symptoms to yours. Just a thought. [emoji6]

Try this?I know it's labelled to solve another problem but balancing the IMU might sort it.....my horizon tilt was sorted after a imu calibration on a completely level surface.
You should always do an IMU calibration on a completely level surface. You know that, right?

Thanks oso. I did read that. Feel like I've been through all the possible issues. If it is hardware issue, is it something I can fix myself?
Are you seeing a constant tilt while you yaw, or is your tilt drifting while you yaw?

Already have done.. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Have you fitted a gimbal saver by chance? I had a similar problem to yours and did all the standard calibrations etc to no effect. Then I checked the gimbal saver that I had fitted and realised that I had just tightened it a tad too much, enough to give me similar video symptoms to yours. Just a thought. [emoji6]

Gimbal saver? I do not have one, I don't think.

Tilts both ways, I can correct it with gimbal roll but only for a few seconds.
So you are saying that it drifts as you yaw, same as I described in my scenario #2 in your other thread?

If so, that one is a ***** to correct if you can at all. I have suffered with it for a while and can find no way to fix it that sticks. A few people have however. One guy, @Kman, was able to fix his by doing his cold IMU / gimbal calibration with the Phantom facing perfectly North. I tried that as well, but it didn't work for me. For some reason, I think that @snerd also was able to get his to work doing something similar, but I'm not 100% sure. His may have been helped with the update to 1.3.2.

I do think that the drifting horizon issue is in some way related to direction. For example, the horizon may be always level facing North or South, but tilts on opposite directions while facing East or West. I realize that may sound bizarre, but it was a compelling theory brought up by @BudWalker in this thread.

So you are saying that it drifts as you yaw, same as I described in my scenario #2 in your other thread?

If so, that one is a ***** to correct if you can at all. I have suffered with it for a while and can find no way to fix it that sticks. A few people have however. One guy, @Kman, was able to fix his by doing his cold IMU / gimbal calibration with the Phantom facing perfectly North. I tried that as well, but it didn't work for me. For some reason, I think that @snerd also was able to get his to work doing something similar, but I'm not 100% sure. His may have been helped with the update to 1.3.2.

I do think that the drifting horizon issue is in some way related to direction. For example, the horizon may be always level facing North or South, but tilts on opposite directions while facing East or West. I realize that may sound bizarre, but it was a compelling theory brought up by @BudWalker in this thread.

I read that thread last night.. Have done a cold IMU cal then gimbal cal. Not facing north but I seen a few people that had tried with no luck. Worth a shot..

I also had horizon tilt of -1.2 for a long time, until I upgraded to the latest firmware and software. Now I have the horizon set to zero with no tilt in any configuration.

I also had horizon tilt of -1.2 for a long time, until I upgraded to the latest firmware and software. Now I have the horizon set to zero with no tilt in any configuration.

I'll try to go back down and up again and see if that works.

I have mine at -1.6 from day 1.I have tried verything said in all threads but no luck.I just have to wait like you i guess for a firmware upgrade.I have made 2 of those so far but no luck.If i leave this @ -1.6 will it make it unstable or something?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl