Hope I didnt make a bad mistake

Reaction score
It would be better to return them and buy OEM DJI props. You can find OEM DJI pros on Amazon here.

send em back and buy OEM ones, expensive piece of equipment to buy knock off parts to save a buck or two...imo

Reactions: Fat Daddy
Agreed, Knock-off props are often horribly unbalanced, made with lesser quality plastics and can have threading issues. I always balance my props prior to installing a new set and rarely have issues with DJI branded props.

I ordered Carbon Filter propellers and have refused to use them because they are not made by DJI. It's not worth using anything other than DJI for props

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: snowghost
I purchased some from Drone World (arrived last night) and I'm not even opening them but sending them back...TODAY...after what I've read.

I ordered Carbon Filter propellers and have refused to use them because they are not made by DJI. It's not worth using anything other than DJI for props

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

This is a kit. Includes the locking mechanisms and mounting hubs.
I have checked and the props are close to perfectly balanced, they weigh exactly 11 grams and the screw pitch mics the same as dji. I did a flex test on them and they flex the same as dji props.I cannot return them so I guess I will try them
Also these are not carbon fiber and not screw on

Anyway people, the reason I posted this was to see if anyone had tried or tested these props. So far in all the tests, they are essentially the same as dji. I had a friend who works in oilfield pumps measure the degree of pitch, screw, weight and overall dimensions and compare to dji props. Everything came in within 1/1000 of an inch. These did weigh just a tad (.301 grams) more than dji ones but all 8 props were within .010 grams. The dji props weighed in from 11.051 to 11.462 grams. They do need to be balanced though and that will change the weight slightly. The hub seems more out of balance than the blades as they sit pretty well horizontally but not vertical. The dji props were close but still not balanced but they seem more so in the blades than the hubs.

Interesting. So you are gonna trust your bird to a third party app that directly voids any possible warranty from dji (which they can tell what app you use in the flight logs)

"REVOLUTIONIZE
INDUSTRIES WITH YOUR GAME-CHANGING APP
Using the Mobile SDK, create a customized mobile app to unlock the full potential of your DJI aerial platform."

Nothing wrong with third party apps, as DJI themselves promote custom apps that utilize the drone's features.
I can assure you that they will never recommend the use of aftermarket hardware or modifications though.

Buying a well known, more advanced App is not the same as finding a cheap alternative for the drone's hardware. I'm sorry, but your analogy is flawed.

Interesting. So you are gonna trust your bird to a third party app that directly voids any possible warranty from dji (which they can tell what app you use in the flight logs)

Litchi is fantastic. In my opinion it is better than the Go app in many ways. I do wish Litchi had a few of the Go app features but I never fly with Go anymore. DJI does not frown upon SDK.

As to the props you can get lucky and end up with props that are the same or close. The stock DJI props are pretty darn good and are cheap.

Reactions: snowghost
The analogy is that if your drone crashes and its the alternative apps fault, dji will know from the logs and not honor any warranty. They dont know what props were on the bird. But thats way off topic here. I'll close with saying, how do you think that "well known, more advanced" app got that way??? Its because people tested and tested it. Well all that testing had to start somewhere. And since I m stuck with these props why not test them?

People recommend that the propulsion system of your quad should be quality parts i.e. DJI OEM parts... motors, batteries, props, etc. That is sound reasoning and I agree. That said, if someone wants to use non-OEM parts go right ahead, that is your option. Be safe as always and let us know your results.

Litchi is not advertised as a DJI Go equivalent or "cheaper alternative". It couldn't be, because DJI Go is free. Litchi is a more advanced app, and you pay a premium for it ($20+). People wanted to try and test the claims of this app and that is how it has that reputation now.
Buying carbon fiber propellers would be a better analogy because those too advertise "better" than DJI propellers and you also pay a premium for it.
These examples are essentially "upgrades" and the question comes to play, is it worth it to pay for it?

Buying cheaper than OEM propellers, to save a dollar, is not the same thing. It is not an upgrade, there are no other benefits other than to save a dollar.

Litchi = Introduce risk, at the cost of $20, for the possibility of a better app experience.
Carbon Fiber propellers = Introduce risk, at the cost of $100?, for the possibility of better than stock propeller performance, durability, longevity and any other crap they claim.
Knockoff propellers = Introduce risk, to save a dollar, for a possibility of nothing other than to save a dollar.

Litchi is off topic, but it was brought into question, for reasons unknown, hence why it is a flawed analogy.

As far as DJI "dont know what props were on the bird" is a question of your integrity, your honesty. I can guarantee you if you told them that your bird crashed for no apparent reason and that you installed knock-off propellers, your warranty claim would most certainly be voided.

I'll end with that.

Reactions: John1960

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic