Hooking up an amplifier to stock antennas?

My P4 Pro V 2.0 with Windsurfers can already outfly its battery. Other than foliage penetration why does anyone need more ERP? You also run into legal issues with the FCC which limit power levels. I never fly without my Windsurfers since I can just pull them off and see the signal level drop. That proves that they work. However they must be mounted properly (reflective side out) and must be pointed towards your drone to work.
Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

I thought the ph4 had good range. U will probally have more range on ur transmitter than ur battery can use.Be cheaper to get a parabolic ant and or ant mod.

I thought the ph4 had good range. U will probally have more range on ur transmitter than ur battery can use.Be cheaper to get a parabolic ant and or ant mod.
No, the P4 has poor range compared to the P3P and P3A. However an Inspire controller can fix that, or installing a Itelite DB2 directional antenna is also an option. The windsurfer will help a P4, but it's not as good as the P3P with Windsurfer, by about 2 miles. The P4P has great range on 5.8 AUTO+windsurfer.

My p4p stock will fly far enough away that you can not see it.
That's over trees, don't understand why you would want to fly 3 miles away because you are 1 second away from losing your drone if something goes wrong on you. And if it can it will oneday

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl