Home made Windsurfer antenna mod

Reaction score
Looking for anyone that might have a great idea or template for a home made windsurfer that would work on the P4 .
I am wondering if using a cut up pop can would work better than tin foil. I work in the newspaper business and we have some aluminum plates pieces laying around , and I was thinking about using that as well.

Anyway , looking for ideas and what kind of results you may have had.

Here's a commonly used DIY design:

Reactions: Fallguy
Foil is fine and less risk of getting cut.
The thickness of the material is not important unless you want to perforate the material like a screen from a microwave oven door.

No. My point was that thickness is not important and reflectors can be made non-opaque.

The biggest factor in homemade surfers is surface texture and parabola shape and positioning.

But any reflector is going to help and quantifying various differences is impossible in the field so just follow directions as close as your able.

If you guys have access to a 3D printer, attached is the file to print your own. I haven't personally tried it as I went ahead and got the Itelite panel.

Attachments

• DJI Phantom 3 - 3D Printer - Range Booster Windsurfer.zip
    516.7 KB · Views: 471
I also see guys using dvd's or Cd's as a reflector , any luck with that ? Or is aluminum the better way to go because you can shape it ?
A properly shaped and placed surfer will be better than a flat reflector like a disc.

Works well with foil but its pretty hard to keep foil 100 foldless, I used beer cans to design the ones i made, its tick enought not to make random ugly folds and looks more classy if you paint the backside of the can white...

If you paid $1400 for the craft I'm sure you can afford $25 for a good 3D printed windsurfer. They work well, and the two piece version like this one make is easy to store in the backpack or case. I got 15,000' distance yesterday with my P4 using this windsurfer. They work good, no boosting, doesn't void warranty, slip on when you need it.

Reactions: Milehighdesign
I understand that $25 isn't going to kill me, but I was looking to do something tonight so I can fly this weekend.
So for the $25 do you get both sides , or what?

mickey.jpg Sure to set a distance record

Reactions: jeff2432

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT