Which video works better?

• normal speed video

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Slo-mo video

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I did some filming with my P4 from a boat the other day. It was going quite fast, so I really needed sport mode in order to keep up. I edited two videos, the first one on normal speed, en the other one which is mostly edited in 50% slo-mo and a bit more contrast. Used iMovie for the first vid and Final Cut Pro for the second.

Let me know what you guys think and which one works better. Any tips for better flying, better shots, better editing are welcome off course!

Fast vid:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Slo-mo vid:

They both look ok to me, on the flying - try to avoid those little twitches to centre the target onscreen, just let it go naturally past in the scene ... or edit the movements out (unless theres too many), use a vid that combines fast and slo-mo scenes.

Hi Wally

Simply Awesome Video, I prefer the first Vid, it looks so much more dynamic, especially the cuts between the scenes in time with the music, a great editing job, and excellent flying skills.

Waylander

Reactions: skippype
Thanx!

I used iMovie for the first vid en Final Cut Pro X for the second. It was good practice material. For smoother slo-mo I should look into the settings and capture as many frames per second as possible. iMovie only takes a maximum of 30 fps.
The "jerky" turns when trying to keep the boat centered are always hard to avoid, especially in sport mode at top speed. After about 15-20 minutes flying it wanted to go back to the homepoint, probably because it thought it wouldnt make it back otherwise? Battery was still at 35% I think. Luckily I could cancel the return to home and hand catch it! Otherwise we would've been chasing the Bird with the boat!

Great videos to watch, impressive piloting too! I preferred first video. I noticed the horizon off in second video - quite noticeable FYI, if it was in first video too I didn't notice then. Well done & thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Great videos. A little trick with slow motion in FCPX is to leverage optical flow. It will make the slow motion much smoother. Here's a tutorial on how to use it :

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Wally
Regarding the horizon tilt, it appears to only happen when flying sideways, like you said. If you haven't tried this already, I suggest you recalibrate the imu and gimbal. Let us know if that helps.

Great video! The boat it nice too! I have been learning the basics of the drone until now. It is time to get creative with the videos.

Nice videos man! Was editing the props out of the video a big challenge? That seems to be big issue when I film at high speed.

Thanx. I try to tilt the camera down a bit, and you only have that issue when flying forward at high speed, because the copter tilts over the camera line of sight. That's why the best shots are flying backwards in front of the boat or sideways, or behind the boat but at a higher altitude so the camera can tilt down more and the props stay out of the footage.

Last edited:
Great job!!!! Love both. For me I prefer a fade rather then flashing to other clips if there are short bursts gets a bit bouncing. But that's just me. Also mix the 2 up a bit. Have normal then drop slow mo in once or twice. That was sweet stuff like a pro buddy I truly loved it thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Wally

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31