High humidity

Reaction score
Phantom 4Pv2 .. been in box for last couple of months. Here in SE Queensland in Aus has been very wet over last month or so ( Brisbane flooded ) , constant very high humidity.
Dry and clear today .. no wind. Went out for some test shots , monitoring saltmarsh and mangroves on the coastline.
Before takeoff noticed condensation on camera lens , which was on inside of lens cover.
Took an initial flight and returned after some control glitches.
Changed battery and could then get no response , or link between control and drone
Suspected internal condensation and returned to base and had warm ,fanned air thru battery port on drone for a couple hours.
Been thru start up and shut down three times since and all seems fine.
Anyone else had this experience ??

Lens cover is removable. Just unscrew it. They are a bit tender in that the glass can pop out the backside if you’re not careful when cleaning.

Just dry it completely - a few days would be enough. Does not need the fan all the time but the environment must be pretty dry.
Moisture and electronics do not like each other.
When dry you put it in the air just for 1m over the grass or something soft and observe how it behaves. If it is in the same place all the time without any unexpected movements and the commands are promptly executed then it's OK.

Thanks Folks
All dried out and tested .. three take offs and hover over the day . Seems fine
But just as a warning , if there is condensation on inside lens cover ( and I did know it unscrewed ) best to assume moisture will be everywhere inside.

Good luck with getting the lens cover to unscrew.
Can any one give me a tip on how to get the cover off as is stuck firm

Yeah, that's tricky. The ring is very soft or should I say it's easy to deform its roundness and then it stuck.
Try to unscrew it with two fingers only and don't use any force on the ring. Not squeeze it, just rotate.
You'll be surprised how it's easy.

Try putting a wide rubber band on it and unscrew touching only the rubber band.

Yep. That worked for me.
Any strap of Rubber or even thin leather will work- wrap around lens cover and gently pinch together so it grips the cover evenly - acts like an old time Filter Wrench.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj