Hi people - I just got a Phantom 3 Advanced for Christmas

Reaction score
Website
www.totalexpophoto.com
Hi, I just wanted to say hello to the group(s) and can't wait to get going with my new Phantom 3. I know there is a new Phantom 4 out there and so many options but I think I have a nice drone to start. I have one question for the forum. Does anyone know of a software package to compliment DJI's GO app that will allow me to pre-plan a Waypoints mission before heading out to the area and flying the drone? Thanks.
Vinny

Hi, I just wanted to say hello to the group(s) and can't wait to get going with my new Phantom 3. I know there is a new Phantom 4 out there and so many options but I think I have a nice drone to start. I have one question for the forum. Does anyone know of a software package to compliment DJI's GO app that will allow me to pre-plan a Waypoints mission before heading out to the area and flying the drone? Thanks.
Vinny
Welcome to the group and welcome to the wonderful world of drone flying.

Please dont be afraid to ask questions and remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask!

Litchi is the answer to your question for planning and executing waypoint flights

Welcome to the group and welcome to the wonderful world of drone flying.

Please dont be afraid to ask questions and remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask!

Litchi is the answer to your question for planning and executing waypoint flights

Hey, thanks for the quick response and the welcome. I greatly appreciate it. I am taking the FAA Part 107 class currently with a guy that runs a flight school called Pilot Institute. I am learning a lot. I was going to fly today but its very windy here in Monroe Twp NJ today. Tomorrow's another day. Take care and thanks again. BTW, I just bought Litchi. Thanks for the recommendation...

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Reactions: Vioia61855
Just to help you along ... Battery tips attached

Attachments

• DJI battery summary.pdf
    61.6 KB · Views: 174
FYI... You can conveniently plan missions on the web at the Litchi Mission Hub and then download them to your controller phone or tablet to use.

Hi, I just wanted to say hello to the group(s) and can't wait to get going with my new Phantom 3.
Welcome to the forum!

If you are interested, click here for some tips that I often share with new P3A/P3P owners.

Cheers!

Reactions: JoBe
Welcome!

Vinny
The other question should be:
Is it wise to automatically update my firmware to the latest?
The answer is no. Usually there is little upside, and lots of downside to new firmware, restricting your flight area. If you haven't updated yet, be diligent about the reasons you need to update. Always deny flight database updates too. Unless you have a specific reason to update, fly the craft as is. You likely see it flies fine, and records fine. There are no severe bugs that would hinder flying a P3A, except for very early 1.5 firmware, which I doubt you will have.

Reactions: JoBe
P3A is an excellent drone. Was my first and never put me into an issue except which were my fault.
Best fly!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic