Hi from Melbourne Australia

Reaction score
Just saying hello, built drones for a while now but decided the P3s was the way to go, flys like a dream. Had my first crash today, went to land and there must have been steel in the concreate I tried to land on, compass had a **** fit and caused it to tip over. Apart from that I love it!

Just saying hello, built drones for a while now but decided the P3s was the way to go, flys like a dream. Had my first crash today, went to land and there must have been steel in the concreate I tried to land on, compass had a **** fit and caused it to tip over. Apart from that I love it!
Compass issue should have been spinning not flipping. Did you get a compass error warning?

Reactions: KayJay
Got the error as I was landing, there was also a large metal shed there so I put it down to that and definitely not a csc issue. As I was coming down it threw up the error and so I tried to put it down faster, it bounced and then skid back into the shed flipping it over. No speed behind it just a bit shocking. When I went to take off the error was there and said" move area or contact support" so I did and compass error was gone, moved back to the concrete and error was back. Just didn't think it would be so sensitive to metal. In all it was just a minor scuff to the arm. Noob error I'm going with

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I'm new to this site so I might not have done this right, my phantom 3 4K should be in tomorrow. I'm located in a rural area but plan on flying above any trees,while I will be on the ground, is there any interference I should be aware of before I launch?

I'm new to this too, I did read reports about steel reinforcement in concrete causing issues but didn't expect to see it. I'm rural as well and don't think there is much to cause any issues down my way, just keep in mind that landing on concrete isn't without its hazards

I don't think I'll have to worry about the concrete issue to much but it is something good to know asphalt and grassy areas, though I have seen videos of people launching and landing on top of parking garages.

Yea it was strange that it put the compass into error, It was at a playground with a steel rotunda and it was landing on the concrete about 5m away from the entrance so I'm going with too much metal around and it was a warm day hear in Melbourne today so might have contributed.

Reactions: Dustinfer2001
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

I did read reports about steel reinforcement in concrete causing issues but didn't expect to see it
That's correct. You do not want to take off, fly, or land close to metallic metal objects. It confuses the compass and causes the Phantom to fly erratically.

It was at a playground with a steel rotunda and it was landing on the concrete about 5m away from the entrance
Almost all concrete contains a lot of steel rebar.

tiltup-construction-22-large.jpg

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel