Hey From Aus

Reaction score
Hi all

New pilot here from coastal NSW, Australia. Got the Phantom Advanced 3 for a birthday present over the weekend.

Been for a couple of flights and found it easy enough to do the basics.

However on this morning's flight I had a disconnected message so figured I'd best come ask the experts before flying again as I'd hate to lose it.

So hello and I'll find the most appropriate place to get some advice

Any other Aus based pilots here?

Reactions: Loz and dirkclod
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

hello, I own a phantom 3 professional and dont worry about the disconnect it happens to me all the time...... when you fly a little further away its normal when it says that for a second or 2 but in the event that you fly to far its just flys back to you
i flew to far 3 times already and it just comes back to where you took off from

Hi all

New pilot here from coastal NSW, Australia. Got the Phantom Advanced 3 for a birthday present over the weekend.

However on this morning's flight I had a disconnected message so figured I'd best come ask the experts before flying again as I'd hate to lose it.

Welcome, there sure are a few from Oz on here, from all over actually, and all over the world. P3A you have may disconnect for a number of reasons, is not normal but depends on what and where you were flying. Normally RTH (return to home) triggers if this happens. If this is new to you - youtube is your friend and User Manual.
What distance away was AC, how high, anything around to possibly interfere with signal?

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Welcome to the forum! :)

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

Welcome, there sure are a few from Oz on here, from all over actually, and all over the world. P3A you have may disconnect for a number of reasons, is not normal but depends on what and where you were flying. Normally RTH (return to home) triggers if this happens. If this is new to you - youtube is your friend and User Manual.
What distance away was AC, how high, anything around to possibly interfere with signal?
Thanks. I did try and Google it but there's phrases and whatnot I don't quite follow.

So I was at an isolated beach and the AC was only approximately 30 metres in front of me and about 60 metres altitude. It was directly above some crashing waves.

From memory what happened was that I noticed it said disconnected. I pressed the RTH but nothing happened. At no point did it return but the manual controls allowed me to bring it home safely. From memory my phone screen also went off and I had to unlock it to access the app. I powered down both the AC and RC and it seemed fine afterwards.

I'm not game to take it to any sort of height until I can diagnose what happened and confidently know what to do if it happens again. I'm using an Oppo R11.

Hi all

Hi,Welcome to Phantom Pilots. I'm from Adelaide, South Australia and look forward to reading the Phantom posts every week. As yet there aren't too many flying restrictions around the state not like those in central Sydney. Get yourself an app , check with your local councils to see where you can fly, make sure you follow the setup suggestions to fly and enjoy yourself. Brian

Reactions: Phantaff
Hi,Welcome to Phantom Pilots. I'm from Adelaide, South Australia and look forward to reading the Phantom posts every week. As yet there aren't too many flying restrictions around the state not like those in central Sydney. Get yourself an app , check with your local councils to see where you can fly, make sure you follow the setup suggestions to fly and enjoy yourself. Brian
Hey Newbod

Thanks for that :) I'll have to check local shire regulations however I think it's pretty free here. Thankfully I don't live in Sydney, I live in a small coastal town so there's plenty of space and plenty of isolated places to practice and have some fun. Took my first practice shots on my first flight the other day and I've been hankering to go for more flights since!
DroneTest.jpg

Reactions: Oso
Hi all

Welcome to the forum and happy birthday!

If you are interested, click here for some tips that I often share with new P3A/P3P owners.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantaff

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik