Here we go again, bad controller on brand new P4A...

Reaction score
Bougth brand new P4A, started remote controller for the very first time just to hear alarm and beeping about remote needing calibration..Went on and calibrated sticks and wheel.
What I thought was good calibration turns to be an alarm next time I turned remote controller on and same ear-tearing beeping. Also, once I got the craft in the air, it started to spin on its own without me altering the yaw. ?!
Back and forth, finally realized the problem. Left stick moving left to right is not able to center at 0%, it fluctuates in value depending on god knows what. Also it cannot reach 100% movement while in calibration. Its acting on its own.

Re-flash firmware, install go app again, change device...same
Called re-seller, they said: Chat with DJI, maybe is something easy so you dont have to send it to us and wait for the drone long time to come back.
Chatted with DJI they said: write to repair support and send only remote crap in, you probably need replacement.

Wrote email to DJI on same day, monday - got RMI case nr and UPS return label..................

So I wait....

to be continued

Last edited:
Reactions: tml4191
Anybody sent RC och aircraft to Netherlands for repair and knows approx turn time?

Got the replacement remote controller back, opened it just to realize that they sent to me remote controller for phantom 4 and not for my phantom 4 advanced...

Just unbelievably frustrating

Last edited:
Bougth brand new P4A, started remote controller for the very first time just to hear alarm and beeping about remote needing calibration..Went on and calibrated sticks and wheel.
What I thought was good calibration turns to be an alarm next time I turned remote controller on and same ear-tearing beeping. Also, once I got the craft in the air, it started to spin on its own without me altering the yaw. ?!
Back and forth, finally realized the problem. Left stick moving left to right is not able to center at 0%, it fluctuates in value depending on god knows what. Also it cannot reach 100% movement while in calibration. Its acting on its own.

Re-flash firmware, install go app again, change device...same
Called re-seller, they said: Chat with DJI, maybe is something easy so you dont have to send it to us and wait for the drone long time to come back.
Chatted with DJI they said: write to repair support and send only remote crap in, you probably need replacement.

Wrote email to DJI on same day, monday - got RMI case nr and UPS return label..................

So I wait....

to be continued

Mine did the same thing until I dl the latest firmware then reconnected my transmitter, now its good to go[emoji1360]

Got the replacement remote controller back, opened it just to realize that they sent to me remote controller for phantom 4 and not for my phantom 4 advanced...

Just unbelievably frustrating

I was told they are the same transmitter by Titan drones

I could not download any newer firmware as it was 1.9.2.0 on the remote and that is firmware for P4.
Last firmware of the P4A remote is 2.1.1.0.

Also tried also to link with my other P4 remote without success.

P4A controller is also named gl300c but is marked vid "ver.B" sticker on the back side.

Could somebody kindly post a picture of your P4A remote sticker on back side to compare.
This is remote DJI sent me as replacement for my P4A that did not work:
IMG_0088.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan