Here we go again, another idiot

Dirty Bird said:
OMG some of the comments to this thread just pluck my last nerve!

Its a National Park...not a wildlife sanctuary! The parks are there for the enjoyment of ALL. Some of us aren't particularly fond of people with their screaming brats running all over the place, but its still their right to visit the park.

Ha ha! I like these lines about the screaming brats! THIS is really a nuisance in public places, more than seeing (exceptionally) someone there flying a quad by mistake.
If you want to make your point about environment, there are much more serious battles to be in, such as the drilling of the Arctic for oil extraction, the amazon rainforest... Plenty to choose from. I don't think the "drones" are about to destroy the planet! Overpopulating it however is a good start!

Skyjunkie said:
Unfortunately, I think public policy is often a blunt instrument. It is much easier for policy to be to say, "no fishing" than to say, "you're only allowed to fish for x, y, z" because it's a lot easier to enforce a no fishing policy. I think the same goes for UAV's. That's why perhaps we should continue to educate the public and demonstrate responsible behavior (and EMPHASIZE how the vast majority of people are responsible) so that, when the politiicans sit down to respond to the nay-say constituents, they can do so with data and anecdote that support the idea that there other consituents that don't believe it necessary to be draconian and that, in fact, many of their constituents are actually UAV pilots, too!

From what I understand they were going to take a park by park approach in terms of policy because there are vast areas in many of the parks where flying wouldn't present a problem, but the guy chasing the long horn sheep really pissed off the naturalist and they pitched a fit.

I don't totally agree with that comment. Many new pilots are not aware of all the forums or follow then to have this information. When I got my first cheap heli or quad, I never thought of getting on web to find out the laws of where I could fly. Parks should be posted as such. They state...vehicles restricted to paved roads, no motorized vehicles such as scooters etc on pathways, no alcohol, no swimming, no feeding wild animals and on and on. If it's not posted as a restriction, why should you worry as long as you do it in a safe manner. Most only takes common sense. And you can only take some of what you read on forums as being true. So many uninformed people. Don't even rely on your local police to know all of the rules. They just don't. For example...I have a 49cc Honda scooter that I use to get plates for to ride on streets as it is street legal as far as equipment goes. I live in Missouri and they have changed the laws stating anything under 50 cc doesn't need to be licensed for street use. Some areas around me will not let me use it on the city streets without proper plates on it. I'm willing to pay for plates but the DMV won't let me get them because it's under 50 cc. What the hell sense does that make? The law makers need to pull their heads out of their butts.I also think all new flying machines should have a warning page stating the possibility of these restrictions and links to get this info. But, as we all know, many will thumb their nose at the law and do as they want. I have asked local police about the scooter thing and they are absolutely no help.
This is kind of off subject, but what the hell, I figure we're discussing dumb asses, and stupid laws about scooters, etc. I'm from Missouri, and have a scooter, but I'm in Tx right now, where you don't have to wear a helmet, but you **** sure better have plates, no matter what size your bike is. And I've been all over the US. The laws are different virtually everywhere you go. I stayed at a campground in Mo, close to Ironton, and guess what,...No ridin the scoot without a license plate. I got on line, bought insurance, ordered a motorcycle vanity plate that looks just like the real thing, and usually wear a helmet. Nobody screws with a 60 y.o. ridin a 49 cc scooter.

This is kind of off subject, but what the hell, I figure we're discussing dumb asses, and stupid laws about scooters, etc. I'm from Missouri, and have a scooter, but I'm in Tx right now, where you don't have to wear a helmet, but you **** sure better have plates, no matter what size your bike is. And I've been all over the US. The laws are different virtually everywhere you go. I stayed at a campground in Mo, close to Ironton, and guess what,...No ridin the scoot without a license plate. I got on line, bought insurance, ordered a motorcycle vanity plate that looks just like the real thing, and usually wear a helmet. Nobody screws with a 60 y.o. ridin a 49 cc scooter.
So you post a reply to a 1 1/2 year old thread to tell the world that you put fake plates on your scooter. OK :confused:

So you post a reply to a 1 1/2 year old thread to tell the world that you put fake plates on your scooter. OK :confused:
Yeah, so? You were reading a 1.5 y.o. thread. What's your point? Einstein.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4