Help

Reaction score
Have a phantom 4 pro. Been flying it a lot today and all goes perfect but then..
I have 2 issues I'm hoping someone can help me with. While filming the video suddenly tilted about 45 degrees then back again and then tilted again. It hasn't done it since though and is flying and filming perfectly since.

The other issue is landing. Often when I land, the drone shakes violently before the motors power down.
Has anyone else experienced this and if so how can I fix it? I'm afraid it may damage it. It's only new out of the box since last thursday

I'll try that. It's one of the main reasons I got that particular phantom which would be a shame. I only got it a few days ago and it's asking for firmware update. I haven't tried that yet either. Can't fly till at least tomorrow eve though so I'll try that then.
Thanks.
Any ideas on the sudden 45degree tilt in mid air. Not sure if it was the gimbal or the drone itself as I was far away from it .
It was very sudden. Two if them together and then perfect after that. Odd .

Reactions: dazzer
I'll try that. It's one of the main reasons I got that particular phantom which would be a shame.
I personally can't see that as a primary reason. I turned the VPS off on mine after 2 flights and have never used it again. It's not that useful unless you fly indoors. And many people have had a "shaking" issue with the VPS during landing. As for the other issue, I can't answer the 45 degree tilt. Also, just so you are aware, firmware updates are optional. Not mandatory. And with all the update issues that have been going on of late, I wouldn't advise it myself, but that is your choice to do or not.

I have the p4p and have not experienced your problems. Did you upgrade the fw? If not, you should. Update the RC first, and then the drone. My experience on this site and on FB, is that all the horror stories with respect to upgrading fw, are incorrect.

My experience on this site and on FB, is that all the horror stories with respect to upgrading fw, are incorrect.
You may be correct in that statement, however there are those that have may have not updated "properly" and followed the correct "procedure" in doing so and that would cause problems. On the other hand, there are also those who have updated properly and still have had many issues. Those are the ones you should pay most attention to. As stated before, new firmware is optional, never mandatory. That is the users choice. Each to their own risk.

Have a phantom 4 pro. Been flying it a lot today and all goes perfect but then..
I have 2 issues I'm hoping someone can help me with. While filming the video suddenly tilted about 45 degrees then back again and then tilted again. It hasn't done it since though and is flying and filming perfectly since.

The other issue is landing. Often when I land, the drone shakes violently before the motors power down.
Has anyone else experienced this and if so how can I fix it? I'm afraid it may damage it. It's only new out of the box since last thursday
What stick position do you use when shutting down? One time I inadvertently pulled both sticks as if I was starting it and it shook and turned over. Luckily no damage. I shut down with pulling back the left stick only while catching with my right hand..

One time I inadvertently pulled both sticks as if I was starting it and it shook and turned over.
That would do it as well, but without knowing if this was during, just before or immediately after "touchdown" so to say. You really can't be sure.

It happens immediately after touch down. I only pull the left stick down to shut down the motors. The same as I always do for the p3s.
I'll try turn the vps off and do it this eve or tomorrow if it's not raining. If I need to balance the propellers, how do I go about doing that?

Thanks. Appreciate it. I'll charge it up tonight. Calibrate everything that can be calibrated and test it again first. The only thing I calibrated after I bought it was the compass as I do before every flight. Should I have done all the other calibrations too do you think?

Should I have done all the other calibrations too do you think?
Not unless needed. And don't calibrate the compass on every flight. There again, only when needed.

Ah ok. On my p3s ideas told to do it on every flight.. so it's just switch on. Set gone point and go and if something needs calibrating it'll say so.
I had a little battery left this afternoon and just did a few lift offs and landing to check again and being conscious of it this time more, it seemed to have landed and vibrated a lot less. I touched down, let the stick go for a second and then pulled it down rather than straight down the second I touched down. Still a little shaking though when I did the exact same on the p3s. There no movement out of that at all after touch down. Battery dead now and I have a 200km drive ahead of me so I'll charge it up this eve and if weather permits I'll try with vps on and see how that goes. Just seems a pain in the ads that if have to go into all the settings each time I land to switch them off.

Just seems a pain in the ads that if have to go into all the settings each time I land to switch them off.
You don't have to turn the VPS off or on for every flight. Just turn it off or on in the app and it will stay that way until you decide to change it again.

Ok thanks. I've done all the calibrations anyway for the sake of it and turned off the vps. I'll try tomorrow if it works.
Now I'm having ano ther issue. Firmware update. When I press it the get update button is highlighted in grey and nothing happens when I try to download it.
It says I'm in compatibility mode or lacking update log.. any ideas what that means?
1503869504603.png

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik