Help with holiday!!

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forums but bought myself a Phantom 4.. what a great investment! however i am not the most technically minded neither for that fact clued up on camera settings!

I am off on holiday with family and friends to Nerja in Spain, which has some EPIC coastline, towns steeped in history and character and we've hired a villa so will be good to get some footage of the family etc etc.

I've been playing with the camera settings but really am not sure how to get the best out of the drone, does anyone have a basic set up that is ideal for bright sunshine?

I've also been looking at different filters, is there a particular brand to look towards and again anything that would benefit picture and video quality and clarity in a bright environment?

We're travelling with British airways and done some research on the best way to travel with the drone, am i correct in thinking the batteries are in hand luggage with terminals wrapped then the drone itself in holdall luggage?

thanks for any help anyone can give!

Ben

In bright sunshine you'll want ND filters, at least a 16, maybe a 32. I flew in very bright sun in Italy with a ND16, was fine. With filters on you want to go for exposure double your frame rate, ie if at 25 fps you'll want exposure at 1/50 - I say ideally, you'll want to balance that with a EV value as close to 0 as you can get. You'll need to experiment.

As far as luggage, yes batteries in carry on, I always take my drone carry on as well, hold luggage may not be treated as nicely as you'd wish once it gets out of sight.

Spanish drone laws are tight, fines are sky high. Use this as a reference for NFZ.
IcarusRPA - SKYDRONEX - DRONEX ®
It appears Nerja is good to fly.

Enjoy!

Reactions: ben 1990
Spanish drone laws are tight, fines are sky high. Use this as a reference for NFZ.

Enjoy![/QUOTE]

I live in Spain 6 months of the year but wintertime, it's supposed to be a no no flying beaches, over houses etc.
I get away with it in the winter as it's very quiet where I live but summertime in Nerja could be a bit dodgy
just my thoughts, hope you have a great time

Reactions: ben 1990
In bright sunshine you'll want ND filters, at least a 16, maybe a 32. I flew in very bright sun in Italy with a ND16, was fine. With filters on you want to go for exposure double your frame rate, ie if at 25 fps you'll want exposure at 1/50 - I say ideally, you'll want to balance that with a EV value as close to 0 as you can get. You'll need to experiment.

As far as luggage, yes batteries in carry on, I always take my drone carry on as well, hold luggage may not be treated as nicely as you'd wish once it gets out of sight.

Enjoy!

This is brilliant thank-you, i'm looking at getting a filter set ranging up to 32 so this should be perfect! The Spanish laws are so tough to decipher, i have gathered beaches and populated public areas are a no go.. but surely around the villa etc etc should be no problem at all

Reactions: PaulSouthport

Enjoy!

I live in Spain 6 months of the year but wintertime, it's supposed to be a no no flying beaches, over houses etc.
I get away with it in the winter as it's very quiet where I live but summertime in Nerja could be a bit dodgy
just my thoughts, hope you have a great time[/QUOTE]
Thank you, im starting to doubt wether it is worth the grief of taking it now

Nah take it with you or you'll regret it all the time your there if you don't, there's some really good flying behind Nerja in the mountains, much better videos made there, have a look at this one I made in Jan,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

as for the villa it depend who your neighbors are some are great but there's always some B+++++d to spoil it for you, maybe ask your neighbors first if you get the chance .
what ever you do have a great time out there, we come home in May as it gets too hot and crowded for us

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers