Help with black night shots....

Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

So I have read several posts about how to take night shots (I have a P3P) and I went out tonight, all excited and when I came back to view my photos, all I could see was blackness with a couple of street lights here and there. I have ISO set for 100, exposure time 2S (also tried more exposure time with no success); any thoughts? It was a calm windless night, don't know what the winds aloft were but couldn't have been much because the phantom was rock steady at 200'. Anyway, looking forward to everyone's input and THANKS! in advance :)

You need to wind up the wick on your ISO, that’s the only option you have with the exception of increasing shutter open time- the longer you go last 2a the less keepers you will get

WTB is right. Also I might add if your just starting out with night pics, You might want to consider hovering in one spot, take 2 or 3 pics, change things, more pics, change things, more pics and so on. Remember or even have someone record or write down what adjustments are made for each set of pics and then when you download and view them you can get a feel for the ones that look the best and know the settings. you can take a crap load of pics in 16 to 18 minutes. Just a thought.

WTB is right. Also I might add if your just starting out with night pics, You might want to consider hovering in one spot, take 2 or 3 pics, change things, more pics, change things, more pics and so on. Remember or even have someone record or write down what adjustments are made for each set of pics and then when you download and view them you can get a feel for the ones that look the best and know the settings. you can take a crap load of pics in 16 to 18 minutes. Just a thought.
Thanks Indiana...that's also a good suggestion. I have been making sure that it's pretty much dead calm, as far as wind speed goes, just to ensure that the drone itself is rock steady and I then just have to worry about camera settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20