Help this newbee

Reaction score
Hello Folks,

I m glad to find this group and I am newbee into this lovely hobby and before investing into this expensive gadget I have brought a cheap drone to practice some basic flight controls.
I have few questions and if you guys can help:

1. I m struggling to make my cheap drone stationary at one place in air. How does it works with p3. So, if you leave all controls idle at any height does it hold there stationary and keeps still?

2. What guards I should order to protect the plane from any accidents?

3. Does phantom 2 propellers works on p3? I am based in Sydney and p2 spares are available at large and easy but not p3's.

Any other great suggestions if you have for me, pls do let me know.

Thanks again!!

1) Yes, when in GPS mode, no stick input = hover in place.
2) Some say prop guards, others not. I personally don't like them, makes the bird more sluggish imo.
3) NO!

Reactions: Gurmeet
Hello Folks,

I m glad to find this group and I am newbee into this lovely hobby and before investing into this expensive gadget I have brought a cheap drone to practice some basic flight controls.
I have few questions and if you guys can help:

1. I m struggling to make my cheap drone stationary at one place in air. How does it works with p3. So, if you leave all controls idle at any height does it hold there stationary and keeps still?

2. What guards I should order to protect the plane from any accidents?

3. Does phantom 2 propellers works on p3? I am based in Sydney and p2 spares are available at large and easy but not p3's.

Any other great suggestions if you have for me, pls do let me know.

Thanks again!![

To understand what each mode does I would read the manual again, it explains it all in there. As for prop guards and props, DJI has some on their site for the p3. The props for p2 should not be used with the p3,
Don't use prop guards from older p models, the screws are to long.

Thanks for your reply.
Then how does hover at one place works wh you are indoor? Is it through those sensors underneath it?

Thanks for your reply.
Then how does hover at one place works wh you are indoor? Is it through those sensors underneath it?
Yes. But do yourself a favor. Fly outdoors, away from anything you can crash into. At least until you get some flight time logged.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes if you have a pattern for it to pick up... if you have just a grey concrete floor for instance, it will struggle to hold it's position

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31