Help (Runaway)

Reaction score
Hi all,

I got a Phantom 2 drone recently and had a good number of flights until this evening, i was back in a forested area and it just would not return home.I last saw it and it looked to be moving away from me. Foolishly i flew it with out a monitor as i was waiting for a USB lead to hook that up. I was using a Gopro hero3+ and standard P2 Drone.

Can anyone say is there anyway to track this at all if that machine is still on,the area is wet and it's a wooded area and very open and large.It was a windy enough evening.
i'm not willing to give up just yet though.

It was not hooked up to my phone in anyway unfortunately.It was just synced to the GPS before take off.I'm wondering is there any app that can track through the signal of the drones RX that's assuming it will be still on tomorrow morning i was looking all evening and now it's dark i couldn't see any lights etc.....

Any one?
Regards
Dan

Hi all,

I got a Phantom 2 drone recently and had a good number of flights until this evening, i was back in a forested area and it just would not return home.I last saw it and it looked to be moving away from me. Foolishly i flew it with out a monitor as i was waiting for a USB lead to hook that up. I was using a Gopro hero3+ and standard P2 Drone.

Can anyone say is there anyway to track this at all if that machine is still on,the area is wet and it's a wooded area and very open and large.It was a windy enough evening.

It was not hooked up to my phone in anyway unfortunately.It was just synced to the GPS before take off.I'm wondering is there any app that can track through the signal of the drones RX that's assuming it will be still on tomorrow morning i was looking all evening and now it's dark i couldn't see any lights etc.....

Any one?
Regards
Dan

Hi, Dan sadly there's no way to track your unit.

I though so bud! We spent the day today again searching the whole area.It's vast with huge drains and half of the woods has been storm damaged so it's impossible to comb through the place. Looks like my fine Gopro hero3+ is gone for good too :( my next drone will have some phone tracker or something on it.

I though so bud! We spent the day today again searching the whole area.It's vast with huge drains and half of the woods has been storm damaged so it's impossible to comb through the place. Looks like my fine Gopro hero3+ is gone for good too :( my next drone will have some phone tracker or something on it.

More than likely it's in a tree.

Hi all,

Any one?
Regards
Dan

Just a suggestion, on your next one fit a tracker to it, the TK102B is a good one.

Reactions: Amadrone
If you know of someone else with a drone ask if he/she be willing to help you search for your bird possibly perching on top of a tree.

Thanks all so much for the comments. I'm afraid the place is so bad and the terrain i can't even get my friend with his new Mavic pro to check as he is afraid too LOL..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31