Help not sure if I should buy one..

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm not sure weather to buy one. I want too. I found 3 different prices and one is amazon and it says in header DJI Phantom 2 Vision Quadcopter with Integrated FPV Camcorder (White) (Discontinued by Manufacturer???? Kinda scarry. Also Amazon wants $750. ebay new $599. DJI $900. I'm also not very good with computers worried about all these upgrades or updates you have to do to it if it will be too difficult or not. Have these been discontinued or not? I read of problems and also not to bye through Amazon true? or not. Sorry about so many questions this is a pricey investment But I do want one. I lost my toy one in a tree last night 80 FT. up. All help would be greatfull I don't want a $900. dollar drone disseapering on me. Thank's everyone.

many models
many features
you must decide what camera , or not you want
buying should be fun for a while with new model release today
look for something that will do what YOU WANT to do and then search best price

no one can tell you if you SHOULD buy anything, hopefully you do that!!!!

good luck

Rick, I'm new here having just pulled the trigger on the P2V yesterday. I bought the one you probably saw on eBay at $599 delivered. I've purchased many things from that seller, so I'm comfortable with the purchase and the price I paid.

I've been toying around with cheaper quads for a little while now and decided to make small steps (read- small $$) first to see just how far I need/want to go. I want to make sure I have enough time to actually participate in the many things we do that I want to film and not get stuck just filming everyone else.

My understanding (I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong) is that the manufacturer is no longer producing this specific model, as they produce a Phantom 2 Vision +, which is s step up and the newest model - Phantom 3 - was just introduced. I'm sure parts will be around for as long as I'll probably need them.

Good luck to you with whatever you decide to do. I can't wait to get my hands on my P2V and get out to the desert!

Rick, I'm new here having just pulled the trigger on the P2V yesterday. I bought the one you probably saw on eBay at $599 delivered. I've purchased many things from that seller, so I'm comfortable with the purchase and the price I paid.

I've been toying around with cheaper quads for a little while now and decided to make small steps (read- small $$) first to see just how far I need/want to go. I want to make sure I have enough time to actually participate in the many things we do that I want to film and not get stuck just filming everyone else.

My understanding (I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong) is that the manufacturer is no longer producing this specific model, as they produce a Phantom 2 Vision +, which is s step up and the newest model - Phantom 3 - was just introduced. I'm sure parts will be around for as long as I'll probably need them.

Good luck to you with whatever you decide to do. I can't wait to get my hands on my P2V and get out to the desert!
Thanks for the input> Please keep me posted on what you think of your new toy.

many models
many features
you must decide what camera , or not you want
buying should be fun for a while with new model release today
look for something that will do what YOU WANT to do and then search best price

no one can tell you if you SHOULD buy anything, hopefully you do that!!!!

good luck
Thanks for your reply, is the part you have to do with the computer easy or difficult? I'm not real computer savvy.

Thanks for your reply, is the part you have to do with the computer easy or difficult? I'm not real computer savvy.

E-Z.

Reactions: NY Rick
FYI - a friend just bought a V+ at the "reduced" price, but much higher than what I've seen lately.

What he received was an early version - old style controller, old motors, so I'm assuming old wiring and ESC's (not necessarily a bad thing).

FYI - a friend just bought a V+ at the "reduced" price, but much higher than what I've seen lately.

What he received was an early version - old style controller, old motors, so I'm assuming old wiring and ESC's (not necessarily a bad thing).

I tend to agree on not so bad thing on motors etc.

do the gps antenna upgrade on that bird and have fun flying

Hi everyone I'm not sure weather to buy one. I want too. I found 3 different prices and one is amazon and it says in header DJI Phantom 2 Vision Quadcopter with Integrated FPV Camcorder (White) (Discontinued by Manufacturer???? Kinda scarry. Also Amazon wants $750. ebay new $599. DJI $900. I'm also not very good with computers worried about all these upgrades or updates you have to do to it if it will be too difficult or not. Have these been discontinued or not? I read of problems and also not to bye through Amazon true? or not. Sorry about so many questions this is a pricey investment But I do want one. I lost my toy one in a tree last night 80 FT. up. All help would be greatfull I don't want a $900. dollar drone disseapering on me. Thank's everyone.
hi mate,iwould say get one buddy ,they are hard to loose if u have fpv and there durable .i have had mine for a year and love it!!!

If I were you guys, I would buy my Phantom from an outfit that services what they sell. That doesn't include some mail order house. I did. It cost more, but then you get what you pay for. Let the buyer beware.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav