Where should I buy Phantom 3 Professional now, on 2017 Christmas?

Reaction score
I'm wondering to buy one.. The question is, where from?

Based on its discontinued, finding a new one is not that cheap. I found dji refurbished for like £600, but can't get me one for less than £720-750. Or maybe a used one that was hardly used is better idea from ebay, than the refurbished? What is your opinion? Like to stay at UK sellers...

I don't think you going find one cheap brand new... They are not longer manufactured... So you will have to buy it refurbished or used. I am in the US and I have the same situation. I was planning on buy an phantom 3 advanced but is hard to find it brand new and cheap. eBay is a great option if it's from well known seller or store.

I don't think you going find one cheap brand new... They are not longer manufactured... So you will have to buy it refurbished or used. I am in the US and I have the same situation. I was planning on buy an phantom 3 advanced but is hard to find it brand new and cheap. eBay is a great option if it's from well known seller or store.

Why Advanced, why not Prof? These are about the same priec as far as I know, does that have better camera quality?

Anyway, I found some customer return ones, used ones, refurbrished ones, and still don't know which one to buy. Someone stated, a used can be better than the refurbrished... :eek:

Why Advanced, why not Prof? These are about the same priec as far as I know, does that have better camera quality?

Anyway, I found some customer return ones, used ones, refurbrished ones, and still don't know which one to buy. Someone stated, a used can be better than the refurbrished... :eek:
I want an advanced because I do not have anything in my house that is 4K so an advanced is more than sufficient for me. I just want more range than the standard.

RFefurb will give you DJI G'tee and you have come-back if any faults.

Buy second-hand and its Caveat Emptor .... Buyer Beware.

My second-hand P3P flew fine on test and until I bricked it with FW change. When it went in for repairs to DJI - they found that the gimbal arm was bent ... not much - but evidence of a harder life than seller admitted.

Personally - I would go for a refurb next time if needed.

Second - I don't have 4K capable gear at home either - but the range of setting on the video and camera is much greater on the Pro's 4K setup than the Adv 2.7K version. I had the Standard with 2.7K ... yes it was very good quality - but had less options.

For what would be near same money Adv or Pro --- I would take the Pro.

Nigel

Reactions: Numone
I have no 4k equipment, but downscale the 4k video footage to full HD, gives you more sharpness, etc...

What options are you talking about that adv doesn't have, but 4k and Prof have?

The settings of camera in fps, resolution etc.

Having higher grade recording means any scaling back is better.

Nigel

Reactions: Numone and macoman
I'm wondering to buy one.. The question is, where from?

Based on its discontinued, finding a new one is not that cheap. I found dji refurbished for like £600, but can't get me one for less than £720-750. Or maybe a used one that was hardly used is better idea from ebay, than the refurbished? What is your opinion? Like to stay at UK sellers...
Hi, I live in southern California and have a phantom 3 pro for sale. bought two new when they came out. Have flown it to verify it works and put it back into the closet. will sell for $650.00, you pay for delivery. If interested I can forward pictures, etc. russ

Unfortunately, the shipping, import duty and VAT (sales tax) would make these very, very expensive options.
Unfortunately, the shipping, import duty and VAT (sales tax) would make these very, very expensive options.

true for those out of the US.
I think 1 or 2 of those in the thread are US and also interested.
But the point about p3p being best value holds true no matter.

I am curious though , how much is the VAT tax for purchases?

good luck and have fun flying!

Import duty will be around 8% and VAT will be 20% on the total cost, inc shipping, insurance and duty.

not side track the thread
I was curious about the VAT tax since we all hear in the States how some much is free in the EU, like health coverage etc.
p3p I paid $1000 here would be 1200 for you... wow,
So much for free!
I can order on amazon etc. with no added taxes what so ever in most states here

Thanks for answering
take care and have fun flying!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20