HELP! No video or telemetry downlink

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My problem is, that I don't get a telemetry or video downlink from the drone to my remote.
I can fly the drone, just without Video or any flight information. Its seems like I can transmit all the information to the drone, just won't receive anything.
I've tried binding the transmitter, but it seems to be connected already because nothing changes!
All the status leds seem ok, only on the transmitter it's red.
My phone is connected properly to the transmitter, it just says "Weak signal"

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Quote from another drone forum on this subject:

"After digging very deep into my phone settings by chance I found a setting.
Share & connect - more - Mobile networks - Connections optimizer - Unmanaged WiFi Networks - Add WiFi Networks. Then had to manually add the Phantom 3 Standards WiFi name.
Seems if you do not do this the phone will disconnect the WiFi since it is not connected to the internet specifically "toys""drones" that can be remote controlled by your phone."

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Quote from another drone forum on this subject:

"After digging very deep into my phone settings by chance I found a setting.
Share & connect - more - Mobile networks - Connections optimizer - Unmanaged WiFi Networks - Add WiFi Networks. Then had to manually add the Phantom 3 Standards WiFi name.
Seems if you do not do this the phone will disconnect the WiFi since it is not connected to the internet specifically "toys""drones" that can be remote controlled by your phone."
I'm presuming you are talking about an iPhone and nOT android.

Yes, the 5.8 ghz control is independent of the 2.4 ghz FPV/telemetry. You can fly around just fine without the 2.4. You can read important info by learning the lamps. The lamps will tell you number of satellites, home point setting, GPS mode, ATTI mode, ready to fly, etc. It's too bad you can't turn the camera on though. The older P2V camera could be turned on manually from the AC itself by moving a switch.

To regain your 2.4 connection, another thing you can try, besides what is mentioned above, is go into your mobile device's settings for wifi and see if there's a phantom wifi signal available and see if it's connected. This may happen if you're flying near home and your device connects to your home wifi. You may get a message such as "No internet, will not connect automatically" in which case you can connect manually by tapping "connect."

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
"What's a iphone?........ (Laughs)

Reactions: Squirrel!
see if it's connected
I am connected to the remote with an android phone. I can see my stick inputs and all the remote settings. I don't see any aircraft information though. That's why I'm thinking, that something might be wrong with the drone itself, and it's not transmitting anything, just receiving signal -> that would explain the red light on my remote. The gimbal has taken quite a lot of beating, but the green led is on, so I don't know what might be wrong with the video transmission.

I am connected to the remote with an android phone. I can see my stick inputs and all the remote settings. I don't see any aircraft information though. That's why I'm thinking, that something might be wrong with the drone itself, and it's not transmitting anything, just receiving signal -> that would explain the red light on my remote. The gimbal has taken quite a lot of beating, but the green led is on, so I don't know what might be wrong with the video transmission.
I had the same issue with my 3SE. It was sent back to DJI for repairs. They covered it under warranty. It's getting shipped out, back to me today. Hopefully they send documentation as to what the issue was. If so I will post it.

Not sure what you mean by "stick inputs." The remote settings are likely stored within the Go app data on your mobile device.

I would relink or rebind the AC to the remote.

Not sure what you mean by "stick inputs." The remote settings are likely stored within the Go app data on your mobile device.

I would relink or rebind the AC to the remote.

I tried binding the p3 with the remote again but nothing changed, as stated in my first post.
the stick inputs are the values from the stick positions, that are sent to the drone. In the controller menu of the go app you can see a diagram, that shows you what the values are. Im able to see all the informations live on my phone, which is proof, that my phone is connected to the remote, therefore that can't be the issue.

How do you know those values aren't coming from the remote to your phone? What would happen if you turned off the Phantom and then moved the sticks?

Are you sure you're binding correctly?

How do you know those values aren't coming from the remote to your phone? What would happen if you turned off the Phantom and then moved the sticks?

Are you sure you're binding correctly?

The stick inputs are coming from the remote. I said it, to clarify, that the issue is not the connection between the phone and the remote. The problem therefore must lie in the 2.4 GHz connection between the remote and the drone (the video and telemetry band). The 5.8 GHz connection is fine, I can fly the drone, its connected, its just without the video! (Video and tel. is on 2.4 GHz, controls on 5.8ghz)

When you look at your wifi connection on your phone, what signal are you connected to? It will have a name such as... PHANTOM3_XXXXXX

Are you connected to that wifi signal?

Are you new with this AC? Have you ever successfully connected FPV with this Phantom?
I've built multiple drones before and this is my second p3 standard.
I'm wondering if maybe one of the 2.4 ghz antennas in the drone is broken or something like that. Is there any way of checking if the drone is transmitting data on 2.4 GHz? (Other than trying to connect a remote)

So you've never successfully connected FPV with this specific Phantom. You bought it used and it doesn't work.

Do you have the newest firmware?

If one FPV antennna was broken, the other would work. So that can't be the problem.

So you've never successfully connected FPV with this specific Phantom. You bought it used and it doesn't work.

Do you have the newest firmware?

If one FPV antennna was broken, the other would work. So that can't be the problem.

I'm running the latest firmware. All the indicator lights are green too. Could there be any other hardware problem that might cause this issue?

You could have a burnt 2.4 transmitter but I'm not aware of that being a problem on the P3 Standards.

If you'd like, humor me and try this approach:

1) Turn everything off, including your phone and your home wifi router.

2) Wait at least 30 secs.

3) Turn on the controller.

4) Turn on your phone.

5) Turn on the Phantom 3 Standard.

6) Wait for the phone to finish the boot up.

7) Go into your phone and run the Go app.

8) See if it connects with FPV and telemetry.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Here is a video on this issue having to do with the sd card.

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj