HELP!!! - no satellite or battery reading on app

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm new here so please go easy!
I'll keep this straight to the point in what happened and what I've done so far:

Phantom2 Vision with 2 axis gimbal

Had light tumble - caught corner of greenhouse, damaged prop and gimbal came off (2 axis) landed in a nice field of tall grass thankfully.
IMU lead is damaged to took it off and left camera on to test camera works fine and copter files perfectly - hovers as if gps and all is working.....
No apparent damage inside shell - checked GPS lead and board under lid - no cracks and all is fine there (connected to pt2 software and it 'reads' it ok)

Problem now: no satellite readings on app when flying, no battery indicator - just reads zero :?:
The 'home' point on the android app also shows the red arrow way left of screen and doesn't respond at all.
I have done all the normal calibration checks, ran round in circles and observed lights, but no go there...
BTW - I still have the IMU cable disconnected - if this makes a difference?

Checked battery compartment - and some guy on another thread mentioned the two small pins may be linked to this error.

I have stripped all down and checked cables,etc - the compass cable was safe inside the longer landing leg and there was no impact that side so all should be fine there - and the main board was not affected at all.

If anyone out there has any ideas I'd really appreciate it as it's me almost in tears, got the gimbal just fitted and working, and now this happens!
It will fly fine as is, camera works perfectly - but I'd rather get these elements fixed first.

Cheers all

Steve

Tried emailing DJI for answers but haven't heard back yet...

If anyone knows if the possibility of the camera's lead causing some issues regards the wifi data - battery and satellites, although I can still fly and record perfectly with it.
I had it out again last night and it does everything as before the bump - no issues and locks into position fine.

The hud still shows the 'home' position way left of the radial dial and as is no satellites nor battery levels.

If someone has any ideas I'd really appreciate any ideas at this stage.....would sicken a cat this craic after getting all running so well.

Cheers
:(

Hello, I have the same problem. How do you fix it.

I'm complete new here, I have a Dji Phantom Vision 2 with a other gimbal but the smae Vision camera.
I'm Dutch, so my Englisch is not always good, sorry.

Hello,

What happened to mine was one of the command wires on the camera (the FC200) came loose.
There are 4 wires in the cable - red, white, black and green
The red and black are power and the others are wifi signal wires.

You need to check if there are no shorts in the cable and that you have them connected correctly - I cut mine and made them longer, but feel I need a new lead with a straight contacter rather than the angled one on there.

Let me know how you get on - My dutch isn't good either but google helps a little :)

Wat gebeurde er met de mijne was een van de commando draden op de camera (de FC200) kwam los.
Er zijn 4 draden in de kabel - rood, wit, zwart en groen
De rode en zwarte zijn macht en de anderen zijn wifi-signaal draden.

U moet controleren of er geen kortsluitingen in de kabel en dat je ze correct aangesloten - Ik sneed de mijne en maakte hen langer, maar voel ik een nieuwe voorsprong met een rechte contacteren in plaats van de schuine een op daar.

Laat me weten hoe je op - Mijn nederlands is ook niet goed, maar google helpt een beetje :)

Ok, I have the cable also extended, perhaps that is also the problem with me. Go look in the weekend. Thanks for your quick response.

Ok, ik heb de kabel ook verlengd, wellicht is dat ook het probleem bij mij. Ga in het weekeinde gelijk kijken. Bedankt voor je snelle reactie.

Philip

Good stuff - Ik zou 99% zeggen dat het de kabel - tussen de witte of de groene - maar zorg ervoor dat je ver weg van de raad van bestuur in de helikopter te blijven en doe het ergens uit dit. Ik heb ook kabel bond mijne beide zijden (binnen en buiten) om eventuele haken en ogen te houden in de kabel. Over het algemeen zou je best het vervangen van de hele jack plug als de draden zijn zo fijn een vlieg kon via hen eten.

Heb een goed weekend en hou me op hoe je op!

Cheers!

Steven

I removed the cable loose, I think I have too short soldered on the connector. Vision is now open, ordered new cable for security. hope to have it quickly. within I'll let you know.

Not sure how to put pics up here Douglas - what is happening on your side - any bumps or just stop sending data?

what's a bump? Here's what I see

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-30-23-47-17.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-30-23-47-17.png
    163.6 KB · Views: 526
  • Screenshot_2014-06-30-15-42-22.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-30-15-42-22.png
    262.5 KB · Views: 482
Looks like you're getting zero from your unit.
Both lights on and green from the wifi extender beside the controller?
Have you updated to the 1.9 firmware recently as that is known to have caused some troubles.
My problem was more wire orientated not app, but have a look here and see are there any similarities.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzzFNRr1z2A

Honestly not sure but will look into it for you.
There's so many theories out there it's hard to pin it down to one issue.
I'll let you know as soon as I find something useful - sorry can't be of more help

ordered new cable, after a week I was told not available. new ordered from another company. old tried to make, but still not work. now doubt whether it is on cable. wait until new.

Hi philip
It's coming from either the camera or the main board. Have you pictures coming through. I now have to replace my main control board today. Seems similar to my problem.

Sometimes the camera will no picture, but red light a fire or on iPhone. do you mean that you have placed new mainboard.

Philip

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl