Help Needed with New DJI GOGGLES

Reaction score
My lovely wife gave me a pair of DJI Goggles for Christmas. Being anxious to try them out I did a test flight with them using the USB cable from the remote to the goggles. (Have to wait on the HDMI Cable since $399.00 was not enough price for DJI to include the correct cable. :-(). My test flight was extremely limited in both altitude and distance. (Sorry do not have exact numbers but just guessing I would say about 100 feet in both altitude and distance.) Suggestions as to how to correct this would be greatly appreciated.

Connect your Phantom to DJI GO, wait until it's ready to fly, and then disconnect your mobile device and connect the DJI Goggles. You'll need to go through this process each time you power on your Phantom.

Reactions: NelliBelli
Also, you want to initialize and update your goggles, download DJI Assistant 2, install it and plug the USB cable into the goggles and a USB port on the computer. Then when it comes up, register and initialize, then update. Should be ready to go.
Don't forget, to get past beginners status, you must log into DJI Go 4 app and uncheck the beginners box.

Thanks Quad, I really appreciate the response. I had already done those things you mentioned. I just got through applying msinger's suggestion and all was good. Again thank you for taking the time to reply. It was appreciated!

Reactions: Ratty
Also, you want to initialize and update your goggles, download DJI Assistant 2, install it and plug the USB cable into the goggles and a USB port on the computer. Then when it comes up, register and initialize, then update. Should be ready to go.
Don't forget, to get past beginners status, you must log into DJI Go 4 app and uncheck the beginners box.

Agree, this is the right procedure for preparing your dji goggles to use with dji drones.

Good read. A suggestion here for the mods/admin would be to copy certain Q/A information such as this, or out of the box getting started, ready to use (just in case the Goggles instructions aren't all that clear or sufficiently detailed) and then sticky it onto the board? I don't know for sure as I don't own the goggles, but would refer to it myself if I were to purchase some.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94