Help needed, I can no longer fly my drone over my own property, says it's now considered a NFZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d recommend, while you could use another app to get around the restriction, perhaps breaking the NFZ law isn’t a wise decision. You could be like me and live near D/FW airport (and several MUNI’s), hundreds of helipads, etc... There’s basically no place to fly unless you drive an hour or somewhat shorter and contact 3-5 places to notify them that you’re going to fly around in a field below tree line for a few minutes just to practice. SMH. I’m going nuts that I can’t even get out and legally fly around my backyard below the trees just to get used to controls.

FYI, I'm @ Military & Atlantic...just a few miles from the OP. No problems here. I also fly in North Delray often at the beach without incident...and without any caution triangles. Weird...?

That was almost exactly one year ago. Did you misread the date?

Reactions: AndrewCCM
hahaha! SO SORRY for the necropost! Just trying to catch up!

I’d recommend, while you could use another app to get around the restriction, perhaps breaking the NFZ law isn’t a wise decision. You could be like me and live near D/FW airport (and several MUNI’s), hundreds of helipads, etc... There’s basically no place to fly unless you drive an hour or somewhat shorter and contact 3-5 places to notify them that you’re going to fly around in a field below tree line for a few minutes just to practice. SMH. I’m going nuts that I can’t even get out and legally fly around my backyard below the trees just to get used to controls.
Is that AMA field north of D/FW still there? I was there once. It seemed too close to D/FW. RC's were always going haywire( we think from radar or strong signals from D/FW). My friend's RC plane did a power dive into TX. mid summer clay. We dug over a foot to get the motor out.

Is that AMA field north of D/FW still there? I was there once. It seemed too close to D/FW. RC's were always going haywire( we think from radar or strong signals from D/FW). My friend's RC plane did a power dive into TX. mid summer clay. We dug over a foot to get the motor out.

I honestly am not sure. I do think it is.. Was looking on a map not too long ago and it seems like I saw something in that vicinity..

I’m south of D/FW in Arlington/Mansfield area, but work right near the airport in Coppell. There is equipment in places you don’t even realize. Driving down back roads to work, I often am right next to DFW fence line that I had no idea was part of the airport.

I honestly am not sure. I do think it is.. Was looking on a map not too long ago and it seems like I saw something in that vicinity..

I’m south of D/FW in Arlington/Mansfield area, but work right near the airport in Coppell. There is equipment in places you don’t even realize. Driving down back roads to work, I often am right next to DFW fence line that I had no idea was part of the airport.
I Went to college at Christ For The Nations in Oak cliff. I made the drive north past the airport to Monroe st. I worked for UPS. I miss two things; Tex/mex and good Texas bbq. Oh, one more; that big flea market in Arlington. That was 37 years ago.

Hello all,

I haven't been on the forums, or able to fly much, for the past few months, and tried to fly the other day but couldn't even start the props on my P4. What happens is I made sure everything was charged, memory card installed, I start my controller, then the P4, and I get this caution symbol with the exclamation mark inside of the triangle and a warning saying I am in a no fly zone or something. Mind you I have been enjoying my P4 and flying it over my property without any problems for the past 5 or 6 months, and now this. Moreover, when I click to fly anyway I get a message saying that I am required to go to DJI or something and my username and password is required. Has anyone seen or heard about this, and if so.. what is going on? Is there a work around? The only thing that comes up when I search for airports or restrictions is a hospital about 4 miles away that has a heliport, but in the two years I've lived here I have yet to see or hear a single helicopter.

The only thing that I can think of (and please, let's keep politics out of it) is that we have a new President in office who has a home down here in Florida, and that is more than 18 miles away. I even took the drone with me out on a friend's boat to capture some video of his beautiful 42' Yellowfin in action, but got the same message.

Any thoughts??

Thanks!
i updated my firmware on mob but never touched my bird i get odd error but flies well , i can go to 500m up n 5 klm distance if i want but to be safe the heighest yet is 84m for only few min with clear sky and no aircraft around at all. airspace is updated a lot get an app to show zones , red cant fly yellow zone can fly with caution . the 4miles to helipad is the drama mate , or you are accidently in begginer mode , check to be sure and also all settings in app mate , hope it helps im new with these but had few drones over a year or two now . james W

I just checked, phone says 26 miles. You might be right. So is this restriction only in effect when he's in town?
not at 26mi ! . airspace at that distance will be 4000 ft agl , im going for pilot lic this year , they are very strict on airspace , but not that far away .

I read a post that said we will have to put up with the radius as long as this President is in office. As if they take away the radius with a different President. Must have been removed. I had a feeling not to respond and my feelings were correct.

Since you were responding to a thread that hadn't been active since February 2018, I can guarantee that no posts were removed today.

Here you go: This was a comment from Bahamadrone. " It's def because the prez is here. I live just east of you same scenario. You should be able to fly again tomorrow evening after he departs . It sucks but that's what we have to deal with while he's in office or here "
There are two pages to this. Is there a time line as to when you should no longer post on a subject? And should I put "page two" replying to Bahama Drone so as to not confuse the post examiner? Just curious. Have a nice evening.

Last edited:
Here you go: This was a comment from Bahamadrone. " It's def because the prez is here. I live just east of you same scenario. You should be able to fly again tomorrow evening after he departs . It sucks but that's what we have to deal with while he's in office or here "
There are two pages to this. Is there a time line as to when you should no longer post on a subject? And should I put "page two" replying to Bahama Drone so as to not confuse the post examiner? Just curious. Have a nice evening.

Amazingly enough I looked at both pages before replying to your comment. His point was that the location of the TFR is a function of this particular president because of his property in Florida, not because of who he is. Other presidents haven't, and won't spend time at that location. So no - you don't need to specify the page or post - you just need to pay more attention to comprehending what you are reading before posting yourself.

When he said " we will have to deal with this while he's in office. " gives the impression that it won't happen after he's gone. I guess you can take it another way . Sorry to upset you.

aut disce aut discede say's alot.

When he said " we will have to deal with this while he's in office. " gives the impression that it won't happen after he's gone. I guess you can take it another way . Sorry to upset you.

aut disce aut discede say's alot.

And it won't happen after he has left office, because future presidents won't be spending time at Mar-a-Lago (as was completely obvious from that post), not because all presidents don't trigger TFRs. You just jumped to that conclusion (overly sensitive about 45 perhaps?), which is why your "You guys crack me up" dig was both misplaced and ironic. And don't conflate my calling out your post with being upset - that doesn't follow at all, and isn't an effective way to try to deflect the criticism.

Really not sure why this thread was brought back up
and looking it was started Feb. of 17 so see no need
in it continuing. Sorry guys but before goes south it
is

CLOSED.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members