Help needed, I can no longer fly my drone over my own property, says it's now considered a NFZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello all,

I haven't been on the forums, or able to fly much, for the past few months, and tried to fly the other day but couldn't even start the props on my P4. What happens is I made sure everything was charged, memory card installed, I start my controller, then the P4, and I get this caution symbol with the exclamation mark inside of the triangle and a warning saying I am in a no fly zone or something. Mind you I have been enjoying my P4 and flying it over my property without any problems for the past 5 or 6 months, and now this. Moreover, when I click to fly anyway I get a message saying that I am required to go to DJI or something and my username and password is required. Has anyone seen or heard about this, and if so.. what is going on? Is there a work around? The only thing that comes up when I search for airports or restrictions is a hospital about 4 miles away that has a heliport, but in the two years I've lived here I have yet to see or hear a single helicopter.

The only thing that I can think of (and please, let's keep politics out of it) is that we have a new President in office who has a home down here in Florida, and that is more than 18 miles away. I even took the drone with me out on a friend's boat to capture some video of his beautiful 42' Yellowfin in action, but got the same message.

Any thoughts??

Thanks!

(202) 456-1111
The White House, Phone

Reactions: Weston Ney
I fly a P3a, but wonder if Litchi would allow a flight.

Yes, definitely give another app a try. Can't hurt.

Reactions: VFA22Bonefish
It's going to be a rough few years for drone owners living near Palm Beach FL if he keeps going there for the weekends.

It's def because the prez is here. I live just east of you same scenario. You should be able to fly again tomorrow evening after he departs . It sucks but that's what we have to deal with while he's in office or here

This post is a year old and Bonefish hasn’t been on-site for about 4 months.
Maybe he’ll read this eventually but we’re all 3 is close proximity. I’m located near Congress Ave and Miner Rd.

Have you driven by Lantana airport during these visits and seen the portable/mobile Radar at the West side of the field?
Observed it there on the previous POTUS visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31