Help!! Motor connector removed from board!

Reaction score
Hi all - a couple years back I crashed my P4 and attempted to swap out the shell myself. Everything went smoothly until one of the connectors for (iirc) the motor wires peeled off of the board when I was removing the wire. At the time I got frustrated with the whole thing, couldn't find anything to replace this and just cut my losses. With a bit more time on my hands now I have an itch to get flying again and was hoping that perhaps I could find some advice here on how to handle this.

I've attached a couple photos that shows the board and what has been removed - one of the circular gold pieces (#3). I'm mostly curious if this can be fixed or not, and if not, can anyone tell me the part I should be looking for? From what I recall, a hobby shop told me that piece has 3 solder points in it, so it is too small for a human to reattach.

Any and all help/suggestions would be really greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

Attachments

• 20200531_120223.jpg
    20200531_120223.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 259
  • 20200531_120319.jpg
    20200531_120319.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 226
Silly me, this was a compass mount.

Looks like it may be Part 52 that I'm looking for in order to do a replacement. Has anyone attempted a repair on a broken compass mount?

can anyone tell me the part I should be looking for? From what I recall, a hobby shop told me that piece has 3 solder points in it, so it is too small for a human to reattach.
As far as I know, it’s not a part you can simply replace (other than the entire board of course) so if it were mine I would for sure try some kind of work around. I don’t think it’s too small, so I’d probably try soldering short jumpers between the board and the now broken off surface mounted jack. I’d disconnect the mount first to avoid collateral heat damage. Given that it’s an antenna wire, soldering short jumpers might cause the introduction of interference due to a break in shielding, but I’d still try it first before buying a new board. Again, I mean if it were mine I would not hesitate. Everyone has their own level of comfort.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
As far as I know, it’s not a part you can simply replace (other than the entire board of course) so if it were mine I would for sure try some kind of work around. I don’t think it’s too small, so I’d probably try soldering short jumpers between the board and the now broken off surface mounted jack. I’d disconnect the mount first to avoid collateral heat damage. Given that it’s an antenna wire, soldering short jumpers might cause the introduction of interference due to a break in shielding, but I’d still try it first before buying a new board. Again, I mean if it were mine I would not hesitate. Everyone has their own level of comfort.
I think I'd probably try to find out what a new (or good used board) would cost first. A little shopping around can produce wonders. Even if a board could be soldered back to apparent functionality, the repair could actually introduce other problems that don't appear until the worst possible time.

update on this one??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers