Help me identify this AC please.

Reaction score
A fried acquired this AC from a family member to help them out financially. He knows nothing about it other then its is suppose to be expensive. Can anyone help me out with what it is, and how much it should be worth please?

I know its a Tarot 800s Frame with a Zenmuse z15 gimbal, with a Sony nex-7 camera with a JR X9592 transmitter. Most of that is jibberish to me though.

Any help is appreciated. He is looking to sell it, but doesnt want to get ripped off.

Thanks

Tarot 800 according to picture #3 above.

Tarot 800 according to picture #3 above.
I have googled that and was under the impression it was just the air frame, and the rest is a DIY kinda of thing. After some deeper digging though I'm guessing it is a complete AC sold RTB?

I can't even find a "Tarot 800s" via Google or eBay. I'd take it to a hobby shop and see what they have to say and whether they would be interested in taking off your hands.

It's only worth a couple of bucks. Send it to me and I'll see if I can use it for parts. I'll even pay the shipping. ;)

On a more serious note, why not ask the "family member" he got it from? There's no logical reason why he wouldn't gladly provide that information. In addition, why wouldn't he just openly sell it himself? I could be wrong but I'm suspicious when things don't add up.

Reactions: thefrisbee995
The original owner passed away unexpectedly. The widow has no idea what it is or what it is worth, but due to hospital and doctor fee's is now in financial distress.

The person who owns it now, is a great guy. Though knows very little about quads/hecto's. And has a barely passable understanding of how to use google and does not want to learn. In order to help out he purchased the AC. Thinking he could recoup his loss. The widow was told the AC was worth up to 5k.

As for me. I am the owners coworker. As I just got into quads, and have a fairly broad skill set when it comes to computers he thought I could help. I have no idea what the thing is or what it is worth. I did some searches for the Tarot 800s and kept coming up with a air frame, but not a copter. This community is very knowledgeable and very friendly was a shot in the dark to see if anyone knew its worth.

Sorry I didn't explain the situation better in the original post.

I'd start by trying to 'add up' the pieces. Go online and just look at what the various elements (gimbal, airframe, remote and camera) cost. Then, if you use new prices, ask between 50 and 75% of the total.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31