Help me get the right replacement cable for DBSMod

Reaction score
I've purchased the wrong replacement cable for my DBSMod antenna 3 times now. I know it's rp-sma, but it's like I need a male end, with a male/female connector.

It's infuriating! The first one took 3 weeks to come from China. Now I just need any old one that I can get this week from amazon.

I need both ends to have the "socket" or whatever it's called, but one end be male and the other end be female.

For reference this would be perfect if the inside pin was female on one end:
http://www.amazon.com/Right-Angle-J...147_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1GZJCJKX0KVRAXCS3M4W

IMG_2867.JPG

IMG_2868.JPG

IMG_2870.JPG

IMG_2873.JPG

IMG_2866.JPG

This is how I ordered mine from China. I sent an illustration. I found the 90 degree connectors to be much cleaner. These are for a different controller using FPVLR antenna. I actually have some extras 7" long, male and female ends if you'd like to buy them. $8/ea.

upload_2015-11-25_10-46-56.png

upload_2015-11-25_11-0-8.png

upload_2015-11-25_11-13-29.png

Last edited:
This is how I ordered mine from China. I sent an illustration. I found the 90 degree connectors to be much cleaner. This example is for a different controller using FPVLR antenna, so yours may be different sex ends. I actually have some extras 7" long, male and female ends if you'd like to buy them. $8/ea.

View attachment 36546

That's the exact cable I need. But is there a name for it? It's a male/female pin with male connectors on the outside? My problem is I have no clue what the term for that cable is so I can't search for it. All my searches for rp-sma male/female are wrong…

I think the 90° is why my DBS Mod antenna broke in half. It doesn't fit in my case so I unhook it each time.

That's why I sent a diagram to china to illustrate what I want. When dealing with Asia I always use photos due to language barriers, potential misunderstandings. I suggested to FPVLR to offer 90 degree connectors on their cables for his amp kits, but so far I see nothing of the kind. This is so easy, they should know that 90 degree connectors are ideal, but they don't seem to care.

Last edited:
That's the exact cable I need. But is there a name for it? It's a male/female pin with male connectors on the outside? My problem is I have no clue what the term for that cable is so I can't search for it. All my searches for rp-sma male/female are wrong…

I think the 90° is why my DBS Mod antenna broke in half. It doesn't fit in my case so I unhook it each time.

Fitting the controller into a case is a MUST HAVE, for me. After I bought an FPVLR antenna for a previous quad, I quickly realized it was a mistake from an ergonomics point of view. I always had to carry my controller separately. It's a huge hassle to remove the antenna every time, and even if I did, the antenna wouldn't fit into my Q500 case. I also have the potential to have a senior moment by turning on the controller absent-minded without the antenna attached. If I did that accidentally, it has the potential to blow the RF circuitry in the controller. So I never removed the antenna and carried the ST10 controller separately, EVERYWHERE. What a hassle, I usually carry a lawnchair with my other hand when I fly for fun.

When I found the WindSurfer solution for my Phantom 3 it solved these ergonomic problems I had with the Q500. The fact that the twin pair version of the Windsurfer reflectors slip off the antennas, and are small enough to fit into my case, THAT'S IDEAL. My controller can fit into ANY case made for the Phantom 3, and I have a range extender that fits! Plus it doesn't void a warranty because I don't have to modify the controller. The WindSurfer doesn't get the awesome range that DBS or FPVLR does, but WindSurfer does DOUBLE the distance past 2 miles, which is good enough for me. It's also inexpensive at $25. Most of the time I don't use the Windsurfer because I'm within a mile for most job shoots. It's only when I'm messing around on travel or recreation that I push 2 miles, maybe to go to the top of a mountain to see what's on the other side, etc.

Last edited:
I've purchased the wrong replacement cable for my DBSMod antenna 3 times now. I know it's rp-sma, but it's like I need a male end, with a male/female connector.

It's infuriating! The first one took 3 weeks to come from China. Now I just need any old one that I can get this week from amazon.

I need both ends to have the "socket" or whatever it's called, but one end be male and the other end be female.

For reference this would be perfect if the inside pin was female on one end:
http://www.amazon.com/Right-Angle-J...147_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1GZJCJKX0KVRAXCS3M4W

IMG_2867.JPG

IMG_2868.JPG

IMG_2870.JPG

IMG_2873.JPG

IMG_2866.JPG
This is the right cable for you.I order two of those 6 inch length.
SMA male to RP-SMA male both right angle RF lot RG402 Semi Flexible blue Cable

Reactions: mirrorimage

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl