help locating my p4p please

Apologies. I misread the earlier post of uploaded viewer data. Am always rushing for work. This view may help see where it might be.
lost D.png
(hopefully not in that creek). Last known speed was 20mph, so the area shown should be a good rough spot to look. 20mph @ 390ft alt. falling (groans) in a arc should produce a "landing spot" further away than might be expected.

First ..... was the tree ok?.... Seriously though, sorry for the puke inducing discovery. Was the battery locked into place?

That indicates it was indeed locked in. Next question... do you think the possibility exists however remote, That you fingered (figuratively) both controller sticks... inward and downward... at the same time for let's say three seconds?...

That indicates it was indeed locked in. Next question... do you think the possibility exists however remote, That you fingered (figuratively) both controller sticks... inward and downward... at the same time for let's say three seconds?...

No, I don’t think so.

I have been flying for close to 4 years and I never had one issue.

That would have been recorded in the log file. It didn't happen.

Although it IS possible the battery was not locked in securely during flight the fact that the battery was within inches of splat distance says that it was at least in mating position. Earlier post mentioned the drone's prop sound stopped while in midair. A battery remaining attached, but not fully engaged is highly probable. Elimination of CSC was just to flush out a possible error. While suspected, was the battery casing and mating surfaces cracked pointing to failure keeping in mind a high speed impact?

Keep in mind the Phantom, hit trees and also the hard ground hard enough to break the gimbal, but the battery position on the ground still indicates the battery was in the drone upon impact.

Keep in mind the Phantom, hit trees and also the hard ground hard enough to break the gimbal, but the battery position on the ground still indicates the battery was in the drone upon impact.

Agreed - the battery was still in at impact, but probably not connected.

Two possibilities in this:
1. Battery was not fully locked in.
2. Battery casing locks cracked. (previous history documented)

Well I found the drone... destroyed. How do I go about filling à complain with dji and see if they will replace it ?
Back to the issue (or tissue) at hand... I'd call DJI and start a thing. Tell them what you experienced and follow their ( script)... Gotta start somewhere and I imagine you might be welcoming a new (refurbished) baby Phantom into your home in a short (2 weeks) time. Let us know what becomes of it. Keep the faith pilot, stuff happens, but standing up to the Man (China) makes it turn out (A'Ok ( chinese accent)).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72