HELP in diagnose

Thanks again BlackHawk388,

I forgot to mention a very important detail: when getting these compass readings, I'm not outside. (its raining today.. in the summer time?!) So the bird is inside near computers and a lot of other electrical stuff when I got those readings.

I can't really use the laptop outside.. I have a macbook air with OSX 10.7.5 and the DJI app for mac only works on newer versions of OSX... :S

Reactions: BlackHawk388
Thanks again BlackHawk388,

I forgot to mention a very important detail: when getting these compass readings, I'm not outside. (its raining today.. in the summer time?!) So the bird is inside near computers and a lot of other electrical stuff when I got those readings.

I can't really use the laptop outside.. I have a macbook air with OSX 10.7.5 and the DJI app for mac only works on newer versions of OSX... :S

Borrow a family member or friends Windows computer. It will pay off! And yes, rain keeps us from doing what we need to do with these things. I won't fly mine if there's a chance it will get wet due to weather. Over water is a calculated risk I can set myself up for the best chance of success. Bad weather, not so much. ;)

I guess I'll byte the bullet and upgrade my Mac OSX... Its just another DJI screw up. For a windows computer, you can get the app to run with an OS as old as windows XP - 14 years!! For Macs um must have the latest OS....

Reactions: BlackHawk388
OK OS X updated. I can now run the Phantom app on my mac. I'll try it tomorrow in a remote location, if weather agrees.

I hope that does it for you. Have you gotten you new compass in yet?

Finally the new compass arrived.
It does gets rid of the error message..but still zero satellites.
This finally made me breakout my new P2V+, disassemble the top shell and try its GPS unit on my old P2V+. Confirmation: I have 4 satellites even indoors.

So not only my original GPS puck is defective, but I bought another defective GPS puck on ebay...

Gotta find a new GPS working unit again.. and let's see if I can get my money back from ebay.
In the meanwhile, I bought a GPS antenna upgrade, I may try on my dead puck: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251988300497?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

At least now I know what is wrong with it! :) hope to get it fixed soon.
Thanks guys!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl