Help. Great find or trash?

Reaction score
Last night at a charity auction at a theme park I had the chance to buy a phantom 3 professional. No controller, 1 missing prop, 1 broken prop. All are the black carbon fiber ones. Missing a few cushions. Needs a new case possibly

Tested the battery Has one green bar light up when you press the power button. A long press shows battery life as over 90, so a new battery,

Can I do much to test it out with out a controller?

Last edited:
First off welcome to the group! Unfortunately there isn't much you can do without an RC. Do you have a charger?

Could be a lost Phantom,crashed due to carbon props, someone is missing their Phantom.
Seriously advertise it here on this site as lost drone, and make someones day.

First off welcome to the group! Unfortunately there isn't much you can do without an RC. Do you have a charger?
Negative. Someone crashed it hard where they couldn't recover it. So nothing but the drone.
I wanted to post here first before I committed to a rc controller
A charger is a small commitment compared to a controller. But wanted to find out if anyway to test the core function before committing that much $
I plugged a usb cable into the port on the gimbal and my laptop. No response .same with the drone port.

Negative. Someone crashed it hard where they couldn't recover it. So nothing but the drone.
A charger is a small commitment compared to a controller. But wanted to find out if anyway to test the core function before committing that much $
I plugged a usb cable into the port on the gimbal and my laptop. No response .same with the drone port.
The only way you can really test it cheaply is to perhaps find someone local who could pair up their controller and see what happens...

Where are you?

Reactions: Apilot101
The only way you can really test it cheaply is to perhaps find someone local who could pair up their controller and see what happens...

Where are you?

Dallas / Fort Worth, TX
Doing more research it sounds like I shouldn't worry about my laptop connecting to either port since the battery has no charge right now.

I'm going to look for some local forums and see if I can borrow a charger an controller.

Last night at a charity auction at a theme park I had the chance to buy a phantom 3 professional. No controller, 1 missing prop, 1 broken prop. All are the black carbon fiber ones. Missing a few cushions. Needs a new case possibly

Tested the battery Has one green bar light up when you press the power button. A long press shows battery life as over 90, so a new battery,

Can I do much to test it out with out a controller?

I have a controller and DJI charger as well as a three crashed drones. I’m not sure what to ask for them, make me an offer
Brent

Dallas / Fort Worth, TX
Doing more research it sounds like I shouldn't worry about my laptop connecting to either port since the battery has no charge right now.

I'm going to look for some local forums and see if I can borrow a charger an controller.
By the time you buy a used controller and charger, you will almost spent enough to buy a refurbished one from DJI Sell the one you found on eBay. You might have to take it apart and replace a motor or something. I have done it and it is a lot of work

i have a p3p controller sitting on the shelf . will sell it cheap, lost my p3p and went with the p4p. contact me is intrested ill make you a good deal

There are a few repair places in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area that specialize in DJI drones. Google Drone Repair for Dallas and you'll find them. I would have them check it out for you and they could tell you what you to need to get it up and flying

Last night at a charity auction at a theme park I had the chance to buy a phantom 3 professional. No controller, 1 missing prop, 1 broken prop.

That's somebody's drone - if they lost/failed to recover it, it's still theirs. If it was subject to an insurance claim and the insurance company paid out for it then they own it - From the information you provided, the only people who don't have a claim to ownership is you and the person that sold it to you :D

Dallas / Fort Worth, TX

I live in Bedford and have a lot of experience with them. I dont have one anymore, but i can look it over for free. Ive rebuilt a few crashed ones also.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel