Help For Newbies

Reaction score
Why do people make unrelated comments on posts? I see it throughout this forum. A person comes in here looking for some serious help and they get ripped up one side and down the other.

Everyone is not experienced in this field and some of the questions they ask may not make a lot of sense but it may be the only way they know how to ask them.

Seems to me that if you don't have anything to say that is subject related, keep it to yourself. Just my opinion.

Human nature. I always like it when you post somthing an one person is helpful ,the other says your an idiot and than you get that self righteous jerk that quotes drone etiquette not related to the question. I do enjoy the banter between people when they go at each other.

Reactions: Neon Euc and Numone
All it does is humiliate the person looking for help and makes them feel more stupid than when they came in here and asked the question in the first place. Don't need to post any examples, they are throughout this forum

It may make you feel stupid sometimes but the end result is what counts. There are a lot of smart and helpful people out there.

Reactions: Numone
If you browse through enough, you will most likely find that there are many "Troll's" around at various times. It is almost impossible to tell the difference between a real question and one from a "Troll". Unfortunately, I have been the victim of that more than once. For the most part, 90% of the folks around here are extremely helpful, but at time's, I agree, some answers tend to go off topic even from a real question. Some people are more "cautious" than others, especially for replying to "First time posters" just for the reason I mentioned. Don't take that as a bash on your comment, that was not intended.

I don't think I've ever seen a post that I felt would have humiliated anyone. I've seen, received and delivered sarcasm, yes, but I'm pretty sure I've not humiliated anyone.
Yeah, OK, I am guilty of giving short-shift sometimes, when you read the same old, same old questions, when all one needs to do is use that little magnifying glass at the top right....

It’s easier to ask than search. sarcasm can be rude especially if they don’t know you.

I do believe there are a few snobs on here, especially towards anybody who happens to own a P3S. I see them (us) occasionally treated like second-class citizens just because we're beginners or decided the extra bells and whistles are not needed.

I would say 95% of the time the people here to help. After all, we all have to start somewhere. I for one have learned that the "Block User" function works perfectly.

It’s easier to ask than search. sarcasm can be rude especially if they don’t know you.
Easier for the questioner, maybe, but not for those who (as mentioned above) get fed up churning out the same old info to the same old questions. Laziness is an impoliteness to others, IMHO - Why should I have to go and do a search here or Google something just because someone else is too lazy to do so for themselves?..

The first thing I did when I joined here was to switch the search engine into overdrive and trawl for the answer to every possible drone question I could think of...

That also obviated any risk of my newbie head going up over the parapet and getting shot off... But I could have hacked that anyway, had it happened... :):)

@JamesT1950 :I hear what you say, but as regards being so sensitive as to be 'humiliated' (LOL) by something that someone (who'll you'll probably never even meet and who will also never meet you) taps on a distant keyboard, then one really shouldn't be on the internet (without both parents being in the room...) :)

Reactions: Numone
Easier for the questioner, maybe, but not for those who (as mentioned above) get fed up churning out the same old info to the same old questions. Laziness is an impoliteness to others, IMHO - Why should I have to go and do a search here or Google something just because someone else is too lazy to do so for themselves?..

The first thing I did when I joined here was to switch the search engine into overdrive and trawl for the answer to every possible drone question I could think of...

That also obviated any risk of my newbie head going up over the parapet and getting shot off... But I could have hacked that anyway, had it happened... :):)

@JamesT1950 :I hear what you say, but as regards being so sensitive as to be 'humiliated' (LOL) by something that someone (who'll you'll probably never even meet and who will also never meet you) taps on a distant keyboard, then one really shouldn't be on the internet (without both parents being in the room...) :)

On tapatalk it’s even easier to search. The only question I had was editing software so far. Which google helped quickly ha.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4