Help! Can’t connect to P3S WiFi, can’t change password

Reaction score
Finally a beautiful day to fly, go to connect to my Phantom WiFi (like I’ve done hundreds of times)... and it says the password is wrong.
I re-enter it. Then again. Ok, maybe I changed it (but, I didn’t). I try a few other PWs it might be. No dice.
I open up DJI Go to change the PW. Can’t connect to controller (see above). Reset everything numerous times, stuck in same loop.
Help?

I’ve done the ‘hold gimbal dial to the right, toggle S2 switch rapidly’ protocol to activate the red/green blinking lights, imagining it reset the PW to 12341234.
When I try to connect to the phantom WiFi now, it just won’t connect, doesn’t even give an option for a PW like earlier.

I did see that thread and that’s when I started trying the gimbal/s2 reset, did get beeping (both short and long as well as controller flashing lights)... but no reset.

Did you try to go to your dji go account and at log in screen put “forgot password” I had to do this past July when. One day I could connect, next day I could,not. It made me reinstall go app. And upgrade password.

I can get into the Dji app fine, but not the actual drone’s Wifi.

I can get into the Dji app fine, but not the actual drone’s Wifi.
So both the drone and controller are linked? When you open up your device and go into your wifi list, there is no listing for the drone wifi? Have you tried switching your device to airplane mode to rule out other wifi channels that may be interfering?

I believe the drone and controller are linked. When I start airplane mode, then select the drones WiFi (which is how I have always done it), now it just infinitely loads. Never gives me an option to enter a PW or anything. Going to DJI go, it just says “disconnected”.

For a long time, I had to turn my remote on, and just leave it for 30 seconds or so before trying to connect my phone to the remote's WiFi. If I tried too soon, it would do as you described, never would connect.

I believe the drone and controller are linked. When I start airplane mode, then select the drones WiFi (which is how I have always done it), now it just infinitely loads. Never gives me an option to enter a PW or anything. Going to DJI go, it just says “disconnected”.
Um yes just tryed mine out of curiosity,,I turn airplane mode on then select djigo,I click on p3s on the list , turn my wifi on and couple seconds it shows searching for wifi then conects to phantom with blue cam logo,,have you tryed just going into app and apply the wifi password that way,,,,one thing that happen while I was trying this I get a prompt..gezz I didn't know someone else could conect to it,,anyway that's how mine conects,,hope you can sort it,be watching[.ATTACH=full]103002[/ATTACH]...just add to this prompt,,,I think it talking rubbish because if somebody trying something they would have to link their remote with this craft so I see this as a big wrong on dji,,a prompt with no purpose

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180901-215215.jpg
    Screenshot_20180901-215215.jpg
    901.6 KB · Views: 371
Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, just opened up controller, disconnected battery for power cycle.
When I reconnected battery, controller beeped and flashed. Turned off and on again, infinite loading, same as before.

Last edited:
Ok, just opened up controller, disconnected battery for power cycle.
When I reconnected battery, controller beeped and flashed. Turned off and on again, infinite loading, same as before.
Can you please describe infinite loading,or a screens shot,you say it linked,what colour lights going on,can you tilt cam with gimble,if so it sounds linked,I was thinking lastnight of a manual link,tryed that,just in case here's a pic,try the manual way before opening or trying to open the app
Screenshot_20180323-213429.jpg

Update:
Yesterday I had another p3s out to do some testing. I could connect my phone to the other p3s and fly fine, so the app isn’t the problem.
My phone DID connect to my controller outside (this was new, wouldn’t connect at home), but still wouldn’t connect to the drone.
When I loaded the app after connecting to the RC, the app loaded fine, hit the ‘camera’ button to start up... and the screen was black except some grey backgrounds where test should be.
In other words, it looked like the normal dji go app, but with no telemetry, camera feed or text. Icons and options were there and interactive (settings), but could never connect, even after numerous restarts (RC, drone, app) and hitting the ‘bind’ button on the drone to reconnect to the RC.
Not sure what else to try.

Update:
Yesterday I had another p3s out to do some testing. I could connect my phone to the other p3s and fly fine, so the app isn’t the problem.
My phone DID connect to my controller outside (this was new, wouldn’t connect at home), but still wouldn’t connect to the drone.
When I loaded the app after connecting to the RC, the app loaded fine, hit the ‘camera’ button to start up... and the screen was black except some grey backgrounds where test should be.
In other words, it looked like the normal dji go app, but with no telemetry, camera feed or text. Icons and options were there and interactive (settings), but could never connect, even after numerous restarts (RC, drone, app) and hitting the ‘bind’ button on the drone to reconnect to the RC.
Not sure what else to try.
Um mm hands full on this issue,unsure on what phone you got still no metion but don't think your phone at fault if it conect to other ok,,we're you able to see what your wifi password was set at,mine read this,,this original from couple years ago and still same, when your phantom is on home screen have you tryed holding those 3 black lines top right to bring up firmware change,,have you tryed this with any result,,,,me going to have to have good search,,almost thinking something gone bad with the wifi somewhere in drone or rc,I have to have a search me still very green on this subject cause I always avoid it but time to learn,off searching now
20180903_090123.jpg
20180903_090102.jpg

OK me find this,,,mayby this gimble board thingy at fault,,,try method this flyer used,might work,just turn on ac and leave rc off
Screenshot_20180903-091832.jpg
,,,,leave airplane mode mode off for now it could be somehow cancelling out something,

Got my phantom reconnected. The worst part: didn’t do anything different than before. It connected to WiFi, then controller, then the ‘bind’ button on the drone.
Didn’t fly because it’s raining, but looks like it would be fine. I’ll give it a shot tomorrow.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20