Hello world

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am a new user of this forum (you could notice it very easily). I am a happy owner of Phantom 3 Professional, which I purchased 1 month ago. Since that time I have had already 5 hours of flight. I know it is not too much, but maybe in a near future, it will be more. I am living in a southern part of the UK, so the weather is not to bad, especially if we would like to compare with a middle part of the UK. Despite that, we had here a few rainy days which make me crazy, because I would like to improve my flying skill on a daily basis.
As a newbie, I have a lot of questions in regards to my phantom. It will be nice if someone on a forum will find enough time to answer to following questions:

1. Phantom waterproof

As I have mentioned before, I am living currently in a country where rain is a common thing. The question is – How Can I increase the level of phantom waterproofness? I saw in eBay some kind of silicon skin which I suppose could increase a waterproofness a little bit more. I am aware that I will not to transform phantom to some kind of ‘flying submarine’, but I am looking for solutions which help me to operate a drone during a sprinkling rain for not harm of this equipment.

2. Signal Quality.

Since I start my adventure with a Phantom, the biggest problem which I have is a weak signal. Regardless, if being in the countryside or outskirts of a town (where I am living). I couldn’t reach a better signal. The question is – How can I improve this? Do I have to change a network provider or change a radio frequency in my application? The third solution could be to buy another antenna to my phantom controller, but I do not know if its worth it or not?

Best choice according to multiple webpages will be

ARGtek DJI Phantom 3 Standard WiFi Signal Range Extender Six (6) Antenna

My network provider Lycamobile
I am using an application called DJI PILOT
Motorola 5S – based on android 7.0

Reactions: dirkclod
Do some reading in this section and ye shall find what info you seek . Pro/Adv Discussion
Also that is not the antenna you seek that is just wifi .
Welcome to PhantomPilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome - I've just arrived as well.

There are companies that sell kits for the waterproofing of the drone, but I have no reviews for you, this is a similar thread - peeps don't recommend flying the standard out the box drone in the rain, nor would I How waterproof is the Phantom 3?

The signal issue may be for a number of reasons. The provider for your phone should not affect the controller to drone. If you are facing the drone and have the correct antenna angles you should have a good connection, especially with the pro. Some people put their phones into airplane mode, as the wi-fi or calls to the phone can interfere with comms. You can get siganl boosters in the form of reflectors or kits as well - but really with the pro - in good line of sight your distance should be around 4 KM.

The app from DJI allows you to change your signal range but I think this is just for the video. I'll let someone with more experience give you more info. Welcome anyhow and fly safe

I am a happy owner of Phantom 3 Professional, which I purchased 1 month ago.
Welcome to the forum!

If you are interested, click here for some tips that I often share with new P3A/P3P owners.

Cheers!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31