Hello Phantom Pilots, my name is Len.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Welcome to the site Len..and you say : im building a P3s from scratch!.......just what do you mean Len?....if your buying all the parts to assemble...You will pay double or more and you are On your own No years warranty like with a brand new Dji Phantom Drone.

Yes, but building one on your own is alot of fun too. I got a good deal on the Main body so I'm buying everything I need to this bird in the air. The only problem now is building the Gimbal from different parts.I bought a new roll motor and placed it in its proper place. Now am I suppose to glue the inner ring for support? please see attached

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 6.11.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 6.11.57 PM.png
    154.3 KB · Views: 223
are you referring to the rod / shaft....in the middle of the ring ?

I think I solved the problem. I fond a youtube video that gave me the proper procedure. Here is the video,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
watch 2:01/27:31 I'm going to try this with an epoxy tomorrow. I'll get back toya. Len from Brooklyn. Good night

its Good to do this work over a dark cloth even a dark top table like his is.....because IF you drop a screw...you can find it easy...good Luck Len !

Hi Len, welcome to the forum,just a kind advice: put attention on soldering and especially on connectors to fix them.
Rotating propellers produce a vibration which could disconnect a cold soldering point or a weak conection as well. If it happens in the air mister Newton laws ;) will strictly apply.

Have a fun and happy hovering

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Phantom Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic