Hello from UK

Reaction score
Just purchased 4 pro, first drone, looking forward to learning a bit, did just see a question on the forum re battery charging which confused me a little..what’s the consensus on not going below 15% charge ?

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching ? .

Welcome to the forum! :)

what’s the consensus on not going below 15% charge ?
Do you mean by flying the battery below 15%?

Just purchased 4 pro, first drone, looking forward to learning a bit, did just see a question on the forum re battery charging which confused me a little..what’s the consensus on not going below 15% charge ?
Welcome to the forum.. It’s a great place to find answers as you learn your new Phantom.

Yes that’s what i mean have set my critical warning to 15%
15% critical warning is a bit low, you only have a very short time before autoland starts. I have mine at 30% and this allows me plenty of time to get home.
I do not think it is good for the battery to regularly discharge this low.
What part of the UK?

Setting that warning will do nothing but display a message in DJI GO when the battery reaches that level.

I like to have my drone close to the home point (or landed) by the time the battery reaches 30%. If you fly until the battery reaches the critically low level (which is calculated by the drone and not the setting mentioned above), the drone will auto land at its current location. That auto landing cannot be cancelled. For that reason, you might be pushing your luck sometimes when flying the battery down that low.

Welcome to the forum buddy :)

Reactions: RonT
[
Setting that warning will do nothing but display a message in DJI GO when the battery reaches that level.

I like to have my drone close to the home point (or landed) by the time the battery reaches 30%. If you fly until the battery reaches the critically low level (which is calculated by the drone and not the setting mentioned above), the drone will auto land at its current location. That auto landing cannot be cancelled. For that reason, you might be pushing your luck sometimes when flying the battery down that low.

Thanks sounds like excellent advice, I will review my settings, to be fair it’s been within my sight as just learning how to operate but some of the information on here has been invaluable.

15% critical warning is a bit low, you only have a very short time before autoland starts. I have mine at 30% and this allows me plenty of time to get home.
I do not think it is good for the battery to regularly discharge this low.
What part of the UK?

The Wirral.

Welcome to the forum, from the middle of the US! I think you've seen the consensus on battery level. Most of us have ours set to warn at 30-35% A very good practice to learn is be close to your home point, or on your way home, when that alarm sounds. Losing an expensive drone isn't worth an extra minute of two of video/pics in my opinion.

Brad

Reactions: RonT

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT