Reaction score
Guys, I'm from Sri Lanka and new to drones. I have P3 standard edition. I waa trying to use it in a windy environment. Actually a beach with high wind. I loose control and it went away like 100m. Finally I managed to land using auto landing. Is there any special way to use P3 standard in windy environments ?

And also what's the maximum altitude and also distance from remote ?

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Is there any special way to use P3 standard in windy environments?
Keep it as low as possible (not so low that you're flying near obstacles) and make sure you're not going to be flying into the wind on the way back to the home point. If the wind is too strong on the way home, your Phantom might not be able to make it back.

what's the maximum altitude and also distance from remote?
The maximum altitude is 500 meters above the take off point. Per the P3S specs, the maximum distance is 1,000 meters (FCC) or 500 meters (CE). That of course assumes you're flying in an environment where there is no interference and no obstacles between the remote controller and Phantom.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31