Hello from Los Angeles with a P4P!

Reaction score
Howdy!

I just passed my Part 107 test, waiting on my temp license, but wanted to go out and just fly a few times a week... I started looking beyond AirMap, which I thought was telling me I COULD fly places, to find out that Los Angeles, motion picture and filming capital of the world, is quite twisted up when it comes to drone regulation. Seems like even if we can legally film somewhere, the local cops won't know about the new rules? And will come make us bring it down? Helipads are treated as airports? Is that true?

Saw the thread about Los Angeles Parks? Or is it California State Parks? I mean, I know about National Parks, but are we restricted to all parks as well (barring the super-expensive FilmLA permit application, a process I know well.)

I will mostly be doing real estate filming - does anyone have experience there, either best practices or issues they've run into?

Seems like quite the quagmire. Glad to be here, glad to be flying, but hope the city can streamline soon. Otherwise we'll be importing pilots from Europe.

Nice to meet everyone! Cheers to flying the friendly skies!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Reactions: Teamdirtydrone
I been flying in San Pedro and the it's been fun. Week day are the best. Hardly people around. Near the friendship bell.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4