Hello from Asheville, NC

long time RC fixed wing pilot, new to drones and looking forward to learning a lot of solid, safe technique. Purchased a used Phantom 3 Pro
Welcome to the forum!

If you are interested, click here for some tips that I often share with new P3A/P3P owners.

Cheers!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Hello and welcome to the forum "neighbor". I fly in Asheville/Buncombe a lot. Lot's of beautiful scenery every where you turn. Just be warned, the Blue Ridge Parkway and any NPS land is off limits for any drone activity unless you jump through the hoops and get written authorization.

PS: Great screen name... do you currently have a WACO BIPE? If so what size etc?

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Hello and welcome to the forum "neighbor". I fly in Asheville/Buncombe a lot. Lot's of beautiful scenery every where you turn. Just be warned, the Blue Ridge Parkway and any NPS land is off limits for any drone activity unless you jump through the hoops and get written authorization.

PS: Great screen name... do you currently have a WACO BIPE? If so what size etc?
I do not currently have a Waco Bipe...but I do have a 76” Pitts M12 with a DA60 and a 1/4 scale Cub on tundra tires. I fly with a Etowah RC club.

Reactions: BigAl07
I do not currently have a Waco Bipe...but I do have a 76” Pitts M12 with a DA60 and a 1/4 scale Cub on tundra tires. I fly with a Etowah RC club.

You've just named 2 of my top 5 aircraft LOL. Cub on Tundra = Dream plane (full size). I used to have some sweet large scale birds but I got out of the hobby for a few years and when I came back everyone (almost) had switched from NITRO to either GASSERS or Electric. I opted for "E" but I still have a love for the big gassers chugging around and especially the ones that have SMOKE! I had a twin cylinder "Sachs" that would produce smoke for days and days. Ah memory lane my friend :)

I've never flown R/C at the Etowah club (MASH over in Haywood County here) but I've flown full size out of "Etowah International Airstrip" back in the day. Didn't that one (behind post office if I remember correctly) shut down? It's directly across from a massive rock quarry and was a BEAR to get into if the winds didn't play nice.

We used to spend a lot of time over at Cascade Lake Campground until a couple years ago.

Reactions: Wacobipe
Ha! similar experience. I was out of flying for about 8 years, got back in 3-4 years ago and the entire hobby changed...FM to 2.4, nitro to gas, NiCad to LiPo, etc. I felt like I was starting from scratch. What’s the MASH group like? Loved the Etowah crowd when I started back but the social structure has kinda broken down. I’ve thought about coming out and checking the MASH group out. The hobby is as much or more about the social side for me as it is about flying.

I live in the east side of AVL by the VA hospital.

Ha! similar experience. I was out of flying for about 8 years, got back in 3-4 years ago and the entire hobby changed...FM to 2.4, nitro to gas, NiCad to LiPo, etc. I felt like I was starting from scratch. What’s the MASH group like? Loved the Etowah crowd when I started back but the social structure has kinda broken down. I’ve thought about coming out and checking the MASH group out. The hobby is as much or more about the social side for me as it is about flying.

I live in the east side of AVL by the VA hospital.

Have you flown down on Swananoa Road with the Asheville group? Back in the day we flew there some and they came and flew with us.

MASH... that's a big ??? right now. The land owner suddenly passed away about 3 weeks ago so we aren't sure. But it's a GREAT club and the social aspect is 2nd to none. It's about 300 yards from my house so I "Fly Over" there often from my deck LOL.

That’s terrible news for MASH. I have flown with Asheville (on top of the old dump off River Road north of the city). I don’t like the field as they have a fabric runway and they also have too many rules about when you can/can’t fly.

Reactions: BigAl07
Welcome to Phantom Pilots from Dayton Ohio, Fly safe and have fun!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic