Hello, bit of help needed.

FWIW a nvidea shield works great at 200.00

Dang,
I really like that price tag! A+:)

J Dot
:cool:
( I've always been an iOS user ( familiar to me ), I do have 1 android device ( hisense 7pro ) and I'm lost on it, lol I'm sure it won't work on the 3 as it is a really cheap tablet came with a p2v+ I bought used a while back, battery is going bad. But still the NaVidia Shield is worth looking into, why not! I'm learning the p3 so maybe it is also time to familiarize myself with something other than iOS! A+

Really? Where is your data? Forum posts about crashes? Such statements are not only unfounded, they are irresponsible. Reminds me of Chicken Little, "The sky is falling".

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Quoting my post with such questions shows your ignorance. There has been several members that have posted asking for help due to crashing since updating to the most recent firmware.

What question are you referring to frank .

He referred to it as a stupid question.
"Can the ports on the rear of the to be tested to see if they ARE working?"

Reactions: J Dot
Lol
Stupid question ( can the ports on the rear of Tx be tested to see if ports are bad? ) I tried several cables, no dice, I also tried my iPad 3 same no go, time to update to a newer device!

Next,
Yes I removed the card that was in the camera when I bought it, hooked to to computer, I get ( CARD MUST BE FORMATTED TO USE! " )
So I did not want to fool with it further, because if this card in fact is legit, it may also offer info into what the craft has done, before me ( hopefully some kind of history? Data log? Something, so I chose NOT to reformat the card YET! I'd like to get everything working and see if I can view what's on card through the app?
Or it might just be a bad card all together!

I just can't seem to win, lol!
But am NOT giving up yet!

I might trade a p2v for a tablet! If I have to!o_O

One last ditch attempt, going to upgrade both my iPhone and iPad to latest iOS ( I've not updated for a WHILE ) as I'm usually against updates!, but will let you know if I can connect with updates iOS firmware?

( NOTE! ) I realize this iPhone 4s or iPad 3, will never work To go and fly and be trusted not to lag ( even if I DO get either or both working )
I just wanted to review and learn app ( while on the ground ) just to learn and get comfortable with it BEFORE I go and fly.

I planned on getting something new in a week or 2 when I can better afford something nice ( most likely iPad Air 2 ) as a lot of good reviews on them here! And not to bad a price tag either, it is doable!

As always
I APPRECIATE all you guys,
For the advice you've given, I feel like I'm already learning more from you than any manual could ever teach me! Thank you.

J Dot

Take care, Fly safe!

The card has to be formatted before use, or it wont work. Once formatted you can then add the firmware to the microSD card, install in gimbal plate, and power up the a/c. I'm sure you know the rest of the process.

J Dot, I bought the nvidia K1 shield when they came out and have had no issues. There is a lot more to this tablet that once you find out about them you will really want one. The biggest reasons I bought mine was due to the video card, and 2GB of ram that should handle a ton of processing, if needed.

Btw, yu may also want to add a WindSurfer and 32 channel mod(free) to your list.

J Dot I just tried the newest DJI Go app on my iPad 3 with latest firmware and it still works fine.

I've not flown with it, but used it in the beginning to learn with :)

Good luck!

Reactions: JoBe and J Dot
Quoting my post with such questions shows your ignorance. There has been several members that have posted asking for help due to crashing since updating to the most recent firmware.

And those crashes have all been confirmed to be firmware related?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: JoBe
J Dot I just tried the newest DJI Go app on my iPad 3 with latest firmware and it still works fine.

I've not flown with it, but used it in the beginning to learn with :)

Good luck!

Hello Mocho,
I updated my iPad 3 to iOS 9.3.5 newest update. Still no go,
So my next question,
Do you know which version of the go app you are using, so I can upgrade or revert back!
Thank you
I'm currently using version 2.8.2version D ( newest 2.8.2 )app
But can easily change to whatever upon your reply!

J Dot

Hello Mocho,
I updated my iPad 3 to iOS 9.3.5 newest update. Still no go,
So my next question,
Do you know which version of the go app you are using, so I can upgrade or revert back!
Thank you
I'm currently using version 2.8.2version D ( newest 2.8.2 )app
But can easily change to whatever upon your reply!

J Dot
The DJI Go app is IOS vr. 2.87 which I believe is the newest.

Just playing around with the IOS app and it seems to work quite well!
No horrible lag or anything!

The DJI Go app is IOS vr. 2.87 which I believe is the newest.

Just playing around with the IOS app and it seems to work quite well!
No horrible lag or anything!

Thanks,
This is good info! Thanks for the time you are putting into this all! A+

J Dot

Thanks,
This is good info! Thanks for the time you are putting into this all! A+

J Dot
Well after all you are a legend, right?

Here is a link that shows you how to bind the RC to the AC manually with out the GO App.
TL;DR - the short version of this is to:

Turn on RC
Turn on Aircraft

RC should show a RED light on the power button indicating no link

Depress C1 + C2 + Record button (left side of controller) (all three simultaneously)

You will hear a "Beep Beep"

Then IMMEDIATELY depress the button on the RIGHT side of the controller (camera controls)

Then depress the usual LINK button on the port side of the aircraft. You have the normal 59 seconds before everything explodes.

The RC power button should go GREEN.

Decided to write this down in my notebook so I thought I would share it. Too ADD to watch the videos.

Well
Still no go, ( with all up to date ) only get how to connect gimmick, both phone and tablet? I did buy the iPad the first day they came out, so I'm sure it is a first model run, maybe just too outdated?

I did notice I'm getting power from USB hub ( phone and iPad charge when plugged into Tx, and Tx turned on ) which leads me to believe my ports on the back of Tx are ok and not defective. That is a plus!

I've located an iPad mini 2, to test with ( just borrowing temporarily ) to see if I can connect. Will keep you updated! ( picking it up in an hour )

P2 maybe?
( I got a LOT of years under my belt )
But P3, just a newbie! But gotta start somewhere, so here I am! THANKS AGAIN to you ALL!

You've all have provided an avalanche of knowledge!;)

J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
Yes WETDOG,
A+,
Video was awesome, but hard to TRUELY tell which the last button was he was hitting, the c1/c2/record button was clear, but depressing the other dial wheel, was a bit vague! The dial turns and can be depressed inwards as well! But in the end WORKED BEAUTIFULY!

Thanks for clearing that up!
I had to watch it 2 times to figure it out!

J Dot

Yes WETDOG,
A+,
Video was awesome, but hard to TRUELY tell which the last button was he was hitting, the c1/c2/record button was clear, but depressing the other dial wheel, was a bit vague! The dial turns and can be depressed inwards as well! But in the end WORKED BEAUTIFULY!

Thanks for clearing that up!
I had to watch it 2 times to figure it out!

J Dot
Yeop! I could have written it as well, but just searched real quick for a video that would let you do it without the app and that one came up. I bind controllers all the time because of my profession. A lot of people don't know about the manual binding process. But now we all know and can share.

J Dot, if you have iOS 9.3.5 then you don't have the original IPad as it can't be updated to that vr. Of the OS.
You should be able to connect with that device.

J Dot, if you have iOS 9.3.5 then you don't have the original IPad as it can't be updated to that vr. Of the OS.
You should be able to connect with that device.

Than I'm completely stumped?
I
Turn on Tx
Turn on bird
Hit home button on iPad ( already hooked via USB to Tx ) open app, camera is usually done with its dance by now, app takes a second then I get the how to connect screen ( I signed in already ) shows all info but ( equipment button ) does nothing.
Shows im a level 0, no missions, ect. But that is it! Cannot get past the HOW TO CONNECT screen?
Going in a few to pick up mini 2, so we will see as it uses a different cable than mine ( although I've tried 3 different ones )lol

Am I missing something?

The "legend" was intended for and in reply to @J Dot, but you sir are well on your way as well. Cheers!

Thanks! Oso :cool:

I tell you,
I sure do feel OUT of my element with P3, but LOVING IT!:)

We'll get it going, sooner or later! I'm in no hurry! Plus like all the knowledge, you guys are the BEST!

( forgot to sign )
J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20