Helipad

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27337

Do you guys know if anyone makes a decent helipad? Im picturing something metal, 2' X 2' that I can throw on the grass, maybe a cutout for a handle?

This one is not as portable as you described -- but, it's the best I've seen yet.

Last edited:
You don't want metal as that may interfere with the compass. The one that msinger mentioned above would be good but not as portable as you might want.

I'd love to find a pad like this one with a much smaller footprint. I just need it to be large enough for the Phantom to fit on takeoff.

Chris

I'm picturing a plastic square with rounded corners, 24" X 24" with a small oval cutout for a handle.

Just a quick story...................... after letting my grandson fly the other day, we were talking about a takeoff/landing pad. I dropped him off at home, and a couple of hours later he called and asked if he built a helipad, would anyone here be interested in it. I asked what he had come up with in 2 hours............... he said a square of particle board mounted on 2x4's. I LOL'd I'm telling ya lol!!!

I told him it would have to be something very light and portable, maybe fiberglass or plexiglass. He's back to the drawing board. But I don't doubt he just might come up with something. He's on the robotics team at middle school, and they're always building something cool!

Reactions: Atom1234
I use a small piece of plastic type material for a launch pad, fits in my backpack too.
wbs1z5.jpg

14tu1xl.jpg

Reactions: Netsquash and snerd
My DIY helipad made from recycled cardboard and anti-slip mat. It is foldable and I can keep it inside the notebook compartment of my P3P backpack.

I later reinforced with vinyl tape so that it is more durable and look nicer.

Last edited:
Reactions: zincsoldier
When I'm flying near my car, I just take out the trunk matt and throw that on the ground. Only had a few flights away from my house so if I need to walk a distance, this wouldn't work. I'm looking at making something like that fold-able cardboard pad.

I use a small piece of plastic type material for a launch pad, fits in my backpack too.
wbs1z5.jpg

14tu1xl.jpg
Ha ha, excellent. You have just reminded me that my 511 Rush 12 has a hard plastic backplate zipped into it. After a month of lugging my gear and flying it never dawned on me! Result.

@tonyt76,
Make one, whip out the plasma cutter and get busy. Hahaha

My launch pad, is the cutout from the family outhouse seat...
Since I got into RCing, we can't afford utilities anymore.;-) J/K

It's a fun hobby...

Measure twice, & cut once! Ah yeah I got it... Hahaha

RedHotPoker

The company I work for had a few choppers back into the 90s. Long story short I went out to the helipad (hasn't been used in a decade, but has a full H paint, etc.) one Sunday to shoot the site for fun.. Took off from helipad, snapped a few pics of the old P2 there and needless to say it was quite small on the pad. Good landing video though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Finished my helipad.
It's peg board and led strips total cost $5.50 not including lights which I already had.

Attachments

• IMG_4445.JPG
    IMG_4445.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 491
  • IMG_4450.JPG
    IMG_4450.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 471
Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads