Height, distance restriction with new software.

Reaction score
I've installed DJI Go v2.9.1 onto a phone as its the last Go version with Google maps. Went flying and my P3A wont go above 50m or further than 30m. I then get the message that max distance / height has been reached. I have distance limit turned off and am not in beginner mode. After looking up the prob on google, I signed into Go, then signed out and signed in again with the phone connected via wifi, but the problem persists. This appears to be a known issue, but having tried the apparent fix I still have the problem. Hoping for some help please.

I've installed DJI Go v2.9.1 onto a phone as its the last Go version with Google maps. Went flying and my P3A wont go above 50m or further than 30m. I then get the message that max distance / height has been reached. I have distance limit turned off and am not in beginner mode. After looking up the prob on google, I signed into Go, then signed out and signed in again with the phone connected via wifi, but the problem persists. This appears to be a known issue, but having tried the apparent fix I still have the problem. Hoping for some help please.
If you are using FW v1.11.20 (the version which introduced the 30M/50M flight restrictions), the release notes specify that the FW, “Requires the DJI GO iOS app v3.1.12 or later, or Android v3.1.6 or later, otherwise the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m.”

You can read more about it here.

I started up the P3A, controller and app with the intention of checking the firmware. This time, the app went into the safety tutorial, and at the end it gave me a choice of altitudes to select. It was on 30m and I selected 120m. Ill check tomorrow if this is the fix, but I have read of instances where it did. Incidentlly, I went into the app to ' about' and although it displayed the Go version, it didnt display the firmware version.

Just tried to fly again, restriction still apparent. So, how the (Mod Removed Language )do I find out what my firmware is? I have never updated the firmware since I bought the drone, why does it display n/a?
Oso, Im on android 7. Ive also signed out and back in again, online.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried to fly again, restriction still apparent. So, how the (ModRemoved language) do I find out what my firmware is?
If you have the 30/50 restrictions, I'd say it's very likely you have v1.11.20 or v1.11.30 on your AC.

If you are seeing only N/A, you can try to check your LOG_AB file to see some of the FW install history.

Im on android 7. Ive also signed out and back in again, online.
Yes, that's the process for when you have AC v1.11.20 or v1.11.30 and are using Android GO app v3.1.6 or later per the release notes. If earlier than Android v3.16, as in your case since you said you have Android v2.9.1, per the release notes the restrictions should be still be expected.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
If you have the 30/50 restrictions, I'd say it's very likely you have v1.11.20 or v1.11.30 on your AC.

If you are seeing only N/A, you can try to check your LOG_AB file to see some of the FW install history.

Yes, that's the process for when you have AC v1.11.20 or v1.11.30 and are using Android GO app v3.1.6 or later per the release notes. If earlier than Android v3.16, as in your case since you said you have Android v2.9.1, per the release notes the restrictions should be still be expected.
Oso, thanks for the info. Unfortunately Im away from my laptop until the weekend to check that log file. Can you confirm its the sd card in the camera I need to look at, I thought that just collected still and video images?
Having read the release notes to the firmware version v1.11.20, Ive met the stipulations to release it for unrestricted flight so wtf is the ac still restricted?

Last edited:
Can you confirm its the sd card in the camera I need to look at
Yes, the SD card in the camera. Just follow the steps in the post I linked to earlier. Note that perhaps 1 in 5 people claim to not see a LOG_AB file, but when they go back and actually read and follow the post they usually can then see the file.

I've installed DJI Go v2.9.1 onto a phone as its the last Go version with Google maps.
If you are using FW v1.11.20 (the version which introduced the 30M/50M flight restrictions), the release notes specify that the FW, “Requires the DJI GO iOS app v3.1.12 or later, or Android v3.1.6 or later, otherwise the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m.”
Ive also signed out and back in again, online.
Having read the release notes to the firmware version v1.11.20, Ive met the stipulations to release it for unrestricted flight so wtf is the ac still restricted?
As I noted in this thread a couple of times, the release notes say that you need to be using Android GO app v3.1.6 or later for the restrictions to be cleared. If you use a GO app earlier than Android v3.16, as in your case since you said you have Android v2.9.1, flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m.

Since GO v2.9.1 is obviously earlier than GO v3.1.6, per the release notes the restrictions should be still be expected.
Can you explain why you think using GO v2.9.1 should be working?

Last edited:
Ok, its clicked, my mistake. So, Ill check that file for the fw version Im running at the weekend but I guess its virtually confirmed. Is it possible to install an earlier fw version to the ac?

Hmm, doesnt look like its worth the possible hassle involved. Prior to trying out v2.9.1 on the new phone, Ive been using v3.1.30 on another phone with no problems other than no map in the map box. As I need a version from v3.1.6 onwards, is there any specific version from 3.1.6 to 3.1.30 recommended?. I dont want to go near the latest versions.

Hmm, doesnt look like its worth the possible hassle involved. Prior to trying out v2.9.1 on the new phone, Ive been using v3.1.30 on another phone with no problems other than no map in the map box. As I need a version from v3.1.6 onwards, is there any specific version from 3.1.6 to 3.1.30 recommended?. I dont want to go near the latest versions.
So, Ive given up. Downloaded v 3.1.30 and opened it up to be greeted by unable to open resource file message.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31