Problems with limited distance and height

Reaction score
Just fired up my P4 after about 3 years of down time. Updates firmware as requested. Set height to 400 and disabled distance control. Will only fly 100 ft up and go only 140 ft out then give limits reached warning. Probably something simple, still a beginner, thx Mike from Michigan USA

I believe it has switched into Beginner mode..... its a setting in the menu. Turn it off and all should return to normal. While you are at it, make sure all the other settings are to your satisfaction, especially return to home height. Plus make sure the obstacle avoidance and sensors are active.

Its good practice to check settings before flight to make sure nothing has been changed. With that length to time between flights I am sure that the P4 made you update the firmware and the DJI GO 4 app.... sometime the settings change themselves after an update.

I would take the time to inspect the props under magnification as well. The other day I had a prop tip break off in my hand after a flight. I didn't hit anything while using the Phantom so it was a surprise.

Will only fly 100 ft up and go only 140 ft out then give limits reached warning.
The other possible fix is to log out of your DJI account in the app and log in again.
i-9xNNGkN-XL.jpg

Reactions: Capt KO and Oso
Thank you, I will check it again. When you are in beginner mode it shows on the controller main screen at the top. I will slide it on, then slide it off again to verify. The other setting did change to 40m as you said and I changed them back. I will try the log off an log back in. Thank you for your response. Mike

Thank you, I will check it again. When you are in beginner mode it shows on the controller main screen at the top. I will slide it on, then slide it off again to verify. The other setting did change to 40m as you said and I changed them back. I will try the log off an log back in. Thank you for your response. Mike
Click here to see a news release below from DJI in 2017. It gives some background as to why we so often first suggest the log off and log in again.

Here’s an excerpt:
“If this activation process is not performed, the aircraft will not have access to the correct geospatial information and flight functions for that region, and its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware: Live camera streaming will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a 50-meter (164-foot) radius up to 30 meters (98 feet) high.

Reactions: JoBe and Capt KO
Ok, I stumbled across the problem. The beginner mode was off and I did log off and enter again. I accidentally went to ABOUT > and there I found all the update versions. All were updated except BASIC APP FLY SAFE. I loaded the update and problem solved. You may want to share, I'm new the the forum and don't know how. Thanks a million, Mike from Michigan USA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31