phantom 3 max distance and height

Reaction score
Hello everyone:
Yesterday I tried to modify heigt and distance feature in the dji go app. When I gave a height restriccion of 200 meters it told me that its ilegal and that dji is not responsable for any liabilities. Here in Chile the maximum heigth permited is 130 meters. When y tried to modify the distance restriction, it has a limit of 500 meters. I thought that a phantom can fly kilometers away from the pilot? I was wondering if the distance ristriction is on the phantom 3 standard, the one I have. Is there any way to make the drone fly a longer distance ?

Hello everyone:
Yesterday I tried to modify heigt and distance feature in the dji go app. When I gave a height restriccion of 200 meters it told me that its ilegal and that dji is not responsable for any liabilities. Here in Chile the maximum heigth permited is 130 meters. When y tried to modify the distance restriction, it has a limit of 500 meters. I thought that a phantom can fly kilometers away from the pilot? I was wondering if the distance ristriction is on the phantom 3 standard, the one I have. Is there any way to make the drone fly a longer distance ?
500 meters is the max height you can set in the app. As far as distance away goes, I've seen a P3 get 5.8 kms away (with an antenna mod) and never lost signal.

When y tried to modify the distance restriction, it has a limit of 500 meters.
Disable the 'enable max distance' setting if you want to fly max distance. That setting is to limit distance up to 500 meters. Its poorly worded in the app and we get asked that question very often. Note that I am assuming you are not in beginner mode.

Reactions: Phantom2USA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic