Height and distance restrictions

Reaction score
My P3 is now locked to beginner mode 30m max height and distance .DJI has no clue how to fix and I paid good money for something that was and still is advertised to do much more.
Time for class action

Have you done a thorough and I mean thorough search around here for a possible answer? This sounds so familiar that others have fixed.

Also, it would be advantageous for you to post which Aircraft, Firmware Version ( Both AC and RC) and IOS or Android app versions for more help. Otherwise we are just guessing.

Un-install and re-install the app, sign back into your account and you should be good to go.

Also, it would be advantageous for you to post which Aircraft, Firmware Version ( Both AC and RC) and IOS or Android app versions for more help. Otherwise we are just guessing.

Hi
Yes I did search these forums and keep in mind that there was no problem before the forced firmware update.
Now as for the equipment it's as follows :
Using a Samsung S5 Android 5.1
Phantom 3S
Firmware on bird 1.9.20 not sure of the remote but I suspect it's the same.
DJI go app is also latest 3.1.10
Logged in to DJI account
Let me know if more info needed.
it's not that I need to fly 500m or go higher than 90m which is the current law here in Canada it's the fact that I bought a drone that was supposed to do much more and 30m is not even close.
And no not everyone on this forum has found and fix I am just one of those folks.
Thanks for the help guys

Yes I did search these forums and keep in mind that there was no problem before the forced firmware update.
First of all Firmware updates, to my knowledge are never forced. It is up to the individual OP to decide to update or not, they are optional. Second, I would advise to move on from the S5, I too used an S5 at one point. It became almost unusable. I still have that as a phone, but have since moved on for flight control. Just a point of note..

If you have uninstalled and reinstalled the app check your settings in the app while connected to the AC as the updates sometimes set everything back to defaults.

Having a "hard" limit set on your AC is dangerous IMO as many times you need to avoid obstructions and terrain.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumperswaves