Heeeelp

Reaction score
Please can someone help,this will be quite long,dji support as usefull as a chocolate tea pot.so the first brand new ps3 se i bought wouldnt accept any of the listed compatable sd cards,in the end i managed to get a samsung pro 32gb card to work if i reset cam and format every start up,bit of a pain when having to change battery,as everything just filmed has to be erased, so they sent me another one which was great,only to find it was the same,so after spending more hours on dji support got the samsung extreme which again was on the compatable list[emoji23]and...nothing,so i went back and got my samsung pro back as at least i knew i could get it working by cam reset and format.
So after using beginner mode and getting used to it,it was time to do some serious flying,by which for me i mean a couple hundred meters,but No 80 meters and disconnect rth,ah i thought must be because im on 5g,i will switch it to 2.4 like the one i sent back was on..but No it wont switch.
Im sorry its so long winded but after shelling out £599 im am gutted,i have been offered my money back if i send it back what do people think,i love it to pieces and just want it to do what it says on the box,if your still awake thanks for reading.[emoji16]

I would bring it back and get another one as I’ve seen these complaints and I haven’t heard of any fix

Thank you,they told me they had sold hundreds and had never heard of these problems,one maybe but two mmmmm.

Heard of something similar when buying from Walmart, having to exchange a few, to find a good one.

Reactions: tzonny
Thank you bob seems to be the same reply,do you think there was a dodgy batch.

Bit strange but just used my wifes galaxy s8 which is running android 7.0 tha same as my s6 and i can change the wifi????weird,bloody baffles me[emoji30]

Got my P3SE on 2 Jan.... zero issues with it at all....

Sorry to hear of your troubles... frustrating for sure.

I know it's a big jump... but why not return it and go for a P4A or P4P? I'm already thinking about it, but gonna wait for the illusive P5 release... if there is one.

Hi spazz are you in the uk aswell and did you buy off dji or online.
The p4p and p4a are a bit out of my price range,but what do you think of the standard p4?.

Oh and spazz,what device do you use and what sd card have you got,and if you are in uk what sort of range are you getting,more than my 80m i hope[emoji45]

Oh and spazz,what device do you use and what sd card have you got,and if you are in uk what sort of range are you getting,more than my 80m i hope moji45]
Regarding distance it doesn't matter where are you in Europe, the situation is the same.
If you are at least 100 meters away from nearest wifi device, and there are no radio emitting devices in the direction of your flight, and you point with the back of your controller the aircraft, you will reach 400 meter.
5GHz no problem, most of us - who fly with android mobile - use 5GHz.
As long you are in CE mode, yo can't reach more distance with P3SE. If you switch to FCC mode your range will be over 3 km.

My drone works with every SD card with U1 classification, but for 4K video recording it needs cards with higher speed. But it must work with every one. Best for me was SanDisk Extreme PLUS 32 GB card.

I use an android 6.0 mobile with 4GB internal RAM - I have no issues with that at all, even my device is not listed by DJI as compatible (Blackview 7000 PRO)

Reactions: tzonny
Hi spazz are you in the uk aswell and did you buy off dji or online.
The p4p and p4a are a bit out of my price range,but what do you think of the standard p4?.

I'm still new to this whole scene... so... I can give you answers to what I know... LOL!

I run an iPad Mini 4 most of the time.. but on occasion I use my Galaxy S8 Plus phone.

I am in the USA... Reno, NV.... We bought my P3SE straight from DJI Store online I have not tested range to disconnect in open area, but I have had a few disconnects out of VLOS, but it either came home ( RTH ) or regained signal... both time were about 1 mile out ( 1.6 km) if different locations.

My SD Card is a SanDisk Ultra Plus 32Gb V10 I get around 14-16gb of videos with 2 batteries.

I am a VERY extreme type of person....so... when I get something ( like my P3SE as a gift from my wife) I dive in head first and get hooked and then I want the best of everything... so I honestly have not looked into the P4S or P4A....only the P4P, but I will have a look and see what I think of them.. again... I am NEW.... and lack of knowledge drives me to research to know as much as I can, even if I am in over my head sometimes..lol.

Here is a look at the specs comparing the P4P vs P4..... to me... I would still want the P4P.. I always have the ' go big, or go home' attitude though... LOL!

I know the money is almost 3 times that of a P3SE, but hey... its only money... and you can't take it with you when you die.... Im waiting to see if the P5 will ever come to reality... only time will tell...

P4_Pvs_P4.png

Here is a YT video of the comparison as well...

Last edited:
Reactions: charlieb4
Regarding distance it doesn't matter where are you in Europe, the situation is the same.
If you are at least 100 meters away from nearest wifi device, and there are no radio emitting devices in the direction of your flight, and you point with the back of your controller the aircraft, you will reach 400 meter.
5GHz no problem, most of us - who fly with android mobile - use 5GHz.
As long you are in CE mode, yo can't reach more distance with P3SE. If you switch to FCC mode your range will be over 3 km.

My drone works with every SD card with U1 classification, but for 4K video recording it needs cards with higher speed. But it must work with every one. Best for me was SanDisk Extreme PLUS 32 GB card.

I use an android 6.0 mobile with 4GB internal RAM - I have no issues with that at all, even my device is not listed by DJI as compatible (Blackview 7000 PRO)
Ok,maybe weather doesnt help either then was not a great day,disconnected but did come back on rth after 80m cheers jon

I'm still new to this whole scene... so... I can give you answers to what I know... LOL!

I run an iPad Mini 4 most of the time.. but on occasion I use my Galaxy S8 Plus phone.

I am in the USA... Reno, NV.... We bought my P3SE straight from DJI Store online I have not tested range to disconnect in open area, but I have had a few disconnects out of VLOS, but it either came home ( RTH ) or regained signal... both time were about 1 mile out ( 1.6 km) if different locations.

My SD Card is a SanDisk Ultra Plus 32Gb V10 I get around 14-16gb of videos with 2 batteries.

I am a VERY extreme type of person....so... when I get something ( like my P3SE as a gift from my wife) I dive in head first and get hooked and then I want the best of everything... so I honestly have not looked into the P4S or P4A....only the P4P, but I will have a look and see what I think of them.. again... I am NEW.... and lack of knowledge drives me to research to know as much as I can, even if I am in over my head sometimes..lol.
Im the same mate lol,i get obsessed thats why its so frustrating when it doesnt do what it says,but i also realize it could be newbie user error[emoji15]

Wow it says 3500m in ce mode that cant be right on the p4 can it,or maybe its only illegal over here to fly more than 500m if you dont spend less than a £1000[emoji23][emoji106]

Here is a look at the specs comparing the P4P vs P4..... to me... I would still want the P4P.. I always have the ' go big, or go home' attitude though... LOL!

I know the money is almost 3 times that of a P3SE, but hey... its only money... and you can't take it with you when you die.... Im waiting to see if the P5 will ever come to reality... only time will tell...

P4_Pvs_P4.png

Here is a YT video of the comparison as well...

My friend,
I sure to hate to see u buy an Phantom 4 whatever!!! Right before P’s 5, if any comes out! If there a 5’s.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164