Headlight

Reaction score
I came across a headlight that I used for my P3. I thought maybe I could use it on my P4 rather than throw it away.
But, of course, the battery and compartment are completely different.
I was just wondering if anyone has tried this. I realize that the odds are pretty good against it, but it cant hurt to ask!
Thank you!

Here is the pic

Attachments

• 3DF928C4-689C-4ECB-BEE1-9926E0F887DA.jpeg
    3DF928C4-689C-4ECB-BEE1-9926E0F887DA.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 268
I came across a headlight that I used for my P3. I thought maybe I could use it on my P4 rather than throw it away.
But, of course, the battery and compartment are completely different.
I was just wondering if anyone has tried this. I realize that the odds are pretty good against it, but it cant hurt to ask!
Thank you!
I believe that both the P3 and P4 have 4S batteries, so that's no problem. But what IS going to be a problem is getting a 4S power supply into the inline step-down transformer. The little sheet metal sheet with the holes slides nicely over the battery connection prongs on the P3 - but there is nothing similarly conveniently about the P4 battery connector.

Unless you use a small external 4S battery and some soldering skills (the wattage pull is very little but it's still extra weight and for info, a smallish 4S 450mAh battery weighs about 55 grams), your only other option is to open up the drone and find/solder in a suitable connection to connect to the main battery.

I have one of these on my P3P and although I think these headlights are great and work very well, IMHO, both possible connection methods are probably more trouble than they're worth. You'd probably find it easier going for some other proprietary, standalone light or strobe.

I believe that both the P3 and P4 have 4S batteries, so that's no problem. But what IS going to be a problem is getting a 4S power supply into the inline step-down transformer. The little sheet metal sheet with the holes slides nicely over the battery connection prongs on the P3 - but there is nothing similarly conveniently about the P4 battery connector.

Unless you use a small external 4S battery and some soldering skills (the wattage pull is very little but it's still extra weight and for info, a smallish 4S 450mAh battery weighs about 55 grams), your only other option is to open up the drone and find/solder in a suitable connection to connect to the main battery.

I have one of these on my P3P and although I think these headlights are great and work very well, IMHO, both possible connection methods are probably more trouble than they're worth. You'd probably find it easier going for some other proprietary, standalone light or strobe.
Thanks Steve, all valid points.
I have strobes on the P4 but, at a distance the headlight helps with which way the drone is heading. I am NOT going to open the case for something this simple.
I really like surfing the internet so I think I will get started looking for a, as you call it, standalone headlight. I think that would solve all the problems - if they even make them
Thanks for the advice, Stumpy

Reactions: Steve7777

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers